• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,728

ogtripleog

Regular
ISP
Dataone
all rite.. i'm going to rant cause i'm really mad now.. i install sp2 and my pctv tuner card stops working it seems that the drivers don't work with sp2 and the company doesn't plan to release any in the near future.. they just advice you not to install sp2.... :angry: then i try to use it under linux and get no sound.. damn.. ok fine.. now i uninstal sp2 and the card still doesn't work.. also i'm really annoyed @the annoying security center that keeps reminding me to install an antivirus soft when i allready have norton installed..somebody plz tell me how to get my sify connection working with SUSE.. with all the settings and how to login and etc and then i am ready to uninstall windozz.. 🤔

see what a bad day i am having.. this should have gone in software discussions i think.. 🙁 :mellow: 🤔

is it the same pinaccle TV Tuner Card that I have?abt suse on linux. haev not tried the new client 😀 i suggest call the call center tell them your linux client is not working and u need someone to come to ur house. than let the CTO came at ur place and prove what an @$$ he is.

i dunno.. ihave a pinnacle pctv stereo card.. i think it is the same.. did you manage to get it working under linux??i'm not going to call my cto because i know for a fact that he does not know anything about linux.. and who knows he might even charge me for providing cust support.. 🤔

guess you're right.. will do that and post the result here... 🙂 but hey sush i just had to reinstall windows and luckily i managed to find my internet settings written down on some paper.. how about pinnin up the settings in the sify forum??hey you've mentioned that "Windows XP sp2" is a better choice for a topic than "help me".. lolz does that refer to me?? 🙁 sorry about that.. 🤔

actually you wrote windoz sp2 😉 and i fixed it to windows sp2... it just gave me another good point to add to the guidelines. 🙂 it was the only thing that came into my mind to place as an example. Nothing that was pointed towards you! 🙂and about the settings... well that differ from city to city. But I will start a thread and put up under the Chandigarh tab! 🙂 But if someone is configuring his network, how can he check the settings online! :lol:

from a cyber cafe 🤔 😛
But if someone is configuring his network, how can he check the settings online! [/b]

all rite.. for those people who may face the same problem as me for the tv tuner check out the procedures thread..i added the solution