Windows Xp Reinstall Issues

Dukes Mangola

Regular
Hi, how often do you reinstall XP ?Lately I've found myself doing it almost once a month due to all the crap I install and reinstall.But what I really wanted to know is, is there such a thing as a good install and a bad install from the same CD ?Sometimes I find a fresh install very good (fast, non-buggy etc). But sometimes I find an install from the same CD not so good, bugs crop up within a week or so, too many error messages etc. So is it possible to get good and bad installs on different occasions from the same CD, or am I imagining it ?

i say formatting as often as u say u do is not very good for ur hard disk, i format in about 6-10 months and try not to format unless really required. with the use of a good AV and a FW and u wud'nt need to format that often.And bout ur good and bad installs, ya i hv experienced it too,but only once out of the 7-8 times i hv formatted. In my case i had many many error on the disk so had to format withing a month. the errors arised suddenly after about 20 days of usage. Luckily since then i hv'nt had any of those "bad" installs.

I never format hardisk often ....but i do reinstall xp once a month....this i can do becoz i have dual boot ........just simple shift + del works for me 😛

i try not to reinstall xp as far as possible.......i repair the same windows if there're errors....one of my windows lasted for more than a year...after many updates and allbut then hard disk crashed out totally....now on a windows xp since a month

3 years has seen me reinstalling the shit only two times. and both of these times the problem was hardware related not software related.

😱 😱 😱 😱 three yrs and u hd no problems of the comp speed slowing down etc ??? what all do u use to maintain it that way ..????

dunno. i dont tend to install a lot of crap applications. but then most of the time is spent on client websites...

Same here, installed XP few years ago. Working fine so far. For new and unknown downloads, I use a virtual machine to keep things under control.

xp works fine until...u install all those patches(ya they do slow the pc a bit), firewalls, anti-virus, etc, etc!) heh heh. ya those r all required for a secured pc! though boot and shutdown times do get slow, but once up and running, xp is great. so no need to re-install!though do so once every 8-12 months for personal reasons! 😀