windows xp hangs when dataone started

• Thread starter Thread starter susanta44
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,643

susanta44

ISP
dataone bsnl
I have a system with a pentium 4,3.0 Ghz processor,Intel D101GGC motherboard, 80GB HDD,512 MB RAM,Sony DVD Writer,installing windows XP SP2 and Widows Vista by dual booting.I have a Dataone Broadband connection with D-Link GLB-502T ADSL modem through ethernet port.The problems are , system hangs in windows xp when webpage starts to load by any browser,Alt+Ctrl+Del not working that time, but brodband works fine in windows vista without any problem. In vista I can't acsess change password & check usages in dataone site.I have install JRE 1.6 ver for vista but dataone site still not acsess by me. pls help.

Hmmmm...Ur sys hangs bocz its natural in windows...reinstall it...in for vista..use datafox extension for firefox its more than enough to check usage...

considering he is on dual boot. reinstallation is going to be a complicated process.

That is always there...wat do u think may be the prob...??it seems to me some virus/malware thing...n abt the dataone website..it seems they hav changed the web address for usage check..even i'm not abl to access..Do u know how to use cli/telnet for router's..mine s wa3002-g1 wireless router..

Its just a virus,no need to reinstall OS, just get kaspersky and scan........On a side note how do you run vista on 512MB ram???

I have a system with a pentium 4,3.0 Ghz processor,Intel D101GGC motherboard, 80GB HDD,
512 MB RAM,Sony DVD Writer,installing windows XP SP2 and Widows Vista by dual booting.
I have a Dataone Broadband connection with D-Link GLB-502T ADSL modem through ethernet
port.The problems are , system hangs in windows xp when webpage starts to load by any
browser,Alt+Ctrl+Del not working that time, but brodband works fine in windows vista
without any problem. In vista I can't acsess change password & check usages in dataone
site.I have install JRE 1.6 ver for vista but dataone site still not acsess by me. pls help.

Try to see the processes running in background (Task Manager )..for this you have to start the task manager before you fire your browser ..because you said ctr+alt+del not working in your case ..it seems to me a virus/trojan causing the problme ..80 % ..but lets find out ..and before doing this ..scan with good anti virus Norton/Avast ( I recommend Avast in your situation ) is assumed you can try spybot search and destry also its a good program too ...and than ..try to find out some suspicious program running ....and my suggestion is first make your system stable ..than we will see the other problme as you reported about the dataone site..hope his may help you

Avast is a resource hungry antivirus..i will strongly recommend Nod32 which is a more stable and good antivirus.

Is Nod32 free?

Not free, but there is a trial of 30 days. If you want free go for AVGFree.