• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,188

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
guys i have an HP laptop and its motherboard has changed few days back but there is a problem which was there before and even now its there. quite frequently in vista and on windows 7 it says battery not charging or even it may be saying battery charging but batttery charge level dont go up , so i tried a few forums on google and found its not a problem of hp even in Dell , lenovo, Acer and other brands have this problem of battery saying charging but level not going up or saying not charging but still i have not found a permanent solution to this trouble , most of the time wen laptop is shut down and left on charging then battery starts charging , pls anybody having a good solution share here🙂

how old is the laptop?

forgot to tell that laptop is 1 year old only and wen it was 6 mnths old even then there was this problem sometimes and then even battery is changed to new cos HP"s battery checker software was telling that replace battery so got a new one 1 week back, so even in new battery same thing happening with changed motherboard so its a windows vista and windows 7 problem 4 sureif the laptop is more than one year old...

pls note that my laptop came with pre installed vista home basic and now i am using windows 7 proofessional so i have had problem with vista 1st and now with windows 7 also.

Something wrong with the clock time of te forum its saying i posted my last msg yesterday but i did it today itself......

If you had a battery Issue with Vista and Windows 7, it might be a problem with the battery itself. One trick you could try to test could be that if you know anyone with the same model laptop, exchange the battery with them and see if the problem still persists. As far as I can tel, the problem will go away if you replace the existing battery with a new one. But still test it.