• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,766

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
please helpcannot preview thmubnails of pictures.(video files previewes)also picture files not open from WPAFviewer!it doesn't show up at all, as if not on system!

get irfanview.

Click on Start/Run and paste this as it is without the quotes " rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen " (change the drive letter if u need to) The windows picture and fax viewer should open and say no preview available. If it doesn't, the file/registry has got corrupted somehow. Try doing a system restore to a date before the day u noticed the prob (duh, but just trying to be clear).

If u don't have any restore points then alternatively u cud download and add a registry entry from here
and see if that works. (if ur using firefox, right click on link and save link as)

5 years and i never found a product better than irfanview 🙂 but i will check it out 🙂

Yes, do check it out. I'm sure you will like it ! 😀 Besides being a viewer, it also has lots of neat features for basic editing of images.

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Dec 7 2005, 05:06 AM
\"  rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen \"

If u don't have any restore points then alternatively u cud download and add a registry entry from here 
and see if that works. (if ur using firefox, right click on link and save link as)
[snapback]34582[/snapback]
[/quote]

it didn't work. tried reg file too but no use! 🙁
i am not gettin any errors! only that when i use "open with" and select windows viewer nothin happens! nothing! as if deleted or something(the viewer)!

In that case gimme ur mail id and i'll send u the dll file. Only possible solution remaining apart from re-installing windows altogether (which ain't worth doing for a minor issue like this) coz i don't think there is any way u can re-install just the picture viewer from the xp cd since it's not included in the add/remove windows components list.

well nothin worked. the dll file was already present in the system but replacing it also didn't work!plz help!