• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 4,594
L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
please helpcannot preview thmubnails of pictures.(video files previewes)also picture files not open from WPAFviewer!it doesn't show up at all, as if not on system!

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
get irfanview.

W

waterloo_sunset

ISP
Airtel FTTH
Click on Start/Run and paste this as it is without the quotes " rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen " (change the drive letter if u need to) The windows picture and fax viewer should open and say no preview available. If it doesn't, the file/registry has got corrupted somehow. Try doing a system restore to a date before the day u noticed the prob (duh, but just trying to be clear).

If u don't have any restore points then alternatively u cud download and add a registry entry from here
and see if that works. (if ur using firefox, right click on link and save link as)

M

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
you must be getting some error!

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
5 years and i never found a product better than irfanview :) but i will check it out :)

M

mario_a

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Yes, do check it out. I'm sure you will like it ! :D Besides being a viewer, it also has lots of neat features for basic editing of images.

M

mario_a

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 590 NU
OK, 25 posts. Can finally send PMs now ! :p

L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 05:06 AM
\"  rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen \"

If u don't have any restore points then alternatively u cud download and add a registry entry from here 
and see if that works. (if ur using firefox, right click on link and save link as)
[snapback]34582[/snapback]
[/quote]

it didn't work. tried reg file too but no use! :(
i am not gettin any errors! only that when i use "open with" and select windows viewer nothin happens! nothing! as if deleted or something(the viewer)!

W

waterloo_sunset

ISP
Airtel FTTH
In that case gimme ur mail id and i'll send u the dll file. Only possible solution remaining apart from re-installing windows altogether (which ain't worth doing for a minor issue like this) coz i don't think there is any way u can re-install just the picture viewer from the xp cd since it's not included in the add/remove windows components list.

L

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
well nothin worked. the dll file was already present in the system but replacing it also didn't work!plz help!