• Views Views 11,671
Best features:
Separate volume for ringer and music
Background image for tiles
More options in call, contact image display during call
Separate alert options for apps like email, whatsapp
Message search

Flops:
WiFi off still opens wifi app. No way to toggle at notification centre.
Music app still sucks

How much free space is needed for this update?

Update file downloaded was of 330~360 MB I guess. After installation I am not sure how much it takes.

I had removed all big games and apps, and had free space of 3 GB before upgrading.
I think removing big apps shortens upgrade time, or else phone takes long time to migrate and restore data.

I must have less than 500 mb space. I'm going to uninstall most of the apps before updating. It also makes more sense as we can now install these apps on SD card.
I read on the Verge or somewhere that the warranty will be void only till the official update becomes available. Once Nokia Cyan update is installed, it should be fine. So, we shouldn't hopefully face any issues in the next 3 months.

I installed it successfully last night. I started with around 1.75GB free space. After the update, the free space had increased to 2.5 GB.
I haven't explored much. The notification center is pretty much along the lines of Android. Now, I can also install apps from desktop (send apps from windows phone store to the phone). One needs to enable it in Settings (Find my Phone).
My HERE Drive (Local license) was upgraded to HERE Drive+ (Global License) after updating to WP 8.1.