Microsoft Outlook Updates

i think hotmail doesnt offer 250 mb storage to indian users.. just 2 mb enough for third world countries 😉

I was talking to coolbuddy_69 who said his free account was still working so I tried the settings he gave me. I was not allowed access saying that same thing about msn not allowing the service for free accounts anymore but I also noticed on their knowledgebase that this same error could be given if your account was not setup to use pop. The option to set up pop is no longer in free accounts however if someone did set up his account to use it before msn removed it and they didn't bother to undo all the pop settings of free users it should still work. This is just a theory can someone confirm it?

Bottomline is that you can use pop to download your mail only and that too only if you made the settings before they instituted the change.

just downloaded Opera 7.54...and it's still giving me the same message as IE6...Web Browser Software Limitations Your Current Software May Limit Your Ability to Use HotmailYou are using a web browser that Hotmail does not support. If you continue to use your current browser software we cannot guarantee that Hotmail will work correctly for you.We recommend that you upgrade your web browsing software and invite you to download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.i know it has something to do with Sify only...nothing else... :angry:

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 7 2004, 02:51 AM
http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?...y=main#comments

some real cool images and information here. so i guess, msn hotmail is getting ready for the future but would need broadband to succeed. same thing goes for msn messenger. convergence is the key.
[snapback]2903[/snapback]
[/quote]

problems with Outlook Express???
I think it could help you deside your problems...
Outlook Express crash Repair
Outlook Express database
Outlook Express crash Repair Outlook
Express database

Opera Mail is a good replacement. 😉

ofcourse i do. i am the unofficial opera brand ambassador in india. i have an invitation to become an official one 😉

Go ahead, wish u "hell of luck"...as anti-opera groups might say.Anyway, take up the invitation.

neh. i am too busy to take up the offer. what i do is what i like to do. if i get official support from Opera, it would mean i am biased when I recommend Opera. and i do not want to be a biased reviewer of software.

opera is the fastest browser around but i wonder what ie 7 will be like...wasnt it supposed to be launched soon?

guys, i moved to MTNL and all my problems solved automatically 😀 now, i'm accessing my hotmail mails in my Outlook Express, just like good ol' days...i can even delete my emails from the website, and no more security messages...basically, i can do all the things related to Hotmail that i wasn't able to earlier on Sify... 🙂 now, u're in a better position to decide if Hotmail has changed their policy to access Hotmail in OE 😉 anyhow, to me if u're in Sify and unable to access ur mail, try some other ISP and see...enjoy!!!

Maybe port blocking was the issue if hotmail still does not work on sify while it works on others. I wonder what ports are responsible though, I use smtp and stuff regularly....

i don't really think it's a port blocking issue, coz Hotmail uses "http" server unlike others who use "pop and smtp"...but i don't know what's the problem...btw, i removed that antivirus as well, may be that's the main culprit...am just guessing, don't know what exactly is/was the thing 🤔 ...but for now, everything is working fine for me 😀