Windows 8.1 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 414
  • Views Views 39,889
I can confirm Windows update download continues in multiple sessions. 2 days back when I started 8.1 update from Windows store, it managed to download 38% (of 3.6 GB). Yesterday when I started my laptop and checked for 8.1 update, it continued from 38%. Finally sometime after 2 AM, I saw notification to restart Laptop. After restart, some installation happened, and Laptop booted in 8.1 🙂

Some screenshots-
START BUTTON

MY COMPUTER DISPLAYED AS THIS PC

MY DOCUMENTS ITEMS NOW MOVED TO THIS PC

Mine is completely screwed now. Making backup of everything and will be running rescue recovery.This stupid Sony laptop is not recognising it's own driver many features like Dolby audio etc are not working.Post recovery to Windows 7, next will be 8 followed by 8.1. :tongue: :angry:

Has anyone faced this issue? All the default Windows apps are showing a downward arrow which means live tiles are not working for any of these apps. This error occurs only on my laptop. I tried checking for updates via store manually and updated all of them which was a temporary fix but the problem has returned. Updating the apps doesn't help. I guess I will have to reinstall them all.

That's a lot of effort I must say. Why not stick to the version that worked for you.
I am now thinking the same. I used recovery and got all drivers along with Windows 7. Now I am planning not to upgrade further and use the easiest and stable version. In the meantime I got the error fixed. There is an app called ISB Utility. Disabling this in startup will solve the wrong battery issues.

Navjot Singh said:
Has anyone faced this issue? All the default Windows apps are showing a downward arrow which means live tiles are not working for any of these apps. This error occurs only on my laptop. I tried checking for updates via store manually and updated all of them which was a temporary fix but the problem has returned. Updating the apps doesn't help. I guess I will have to reinstall them all.
This was on askvg earlier today. http://www.askvg.com/fix-small-download-arrow-icon-showing-on-start-screen-tiles-in-windows-8-1/

Even I had faced the same and thought its the new functionality and even liked that.

The app appears in home screen while it is scheduled to download like on iOS devices? 😀