Windows 8.1 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 414
  • Views Views 39,875
I think they can decide what to download later, their problem was they were getting confused with full screens...

it is easier to see dark spots on the display on light colored flat backgrounds like you have on metro apps.

Till last evening there was no updates pending. Now this morning when i checked there were 25 new updates majority of which were for office 2013. So did they release some update for office as well?
My total update size is 2177.4MB :/

The fact that you are seeing updates for Office means they did release Office updates as well. Afterall it was Patch Tuesday.

Download it in batches. Start with the Windows 8.1 first. office ones you can do later.
Moreover, Windows 8.1 patch is much much smaller than its quoted. Probably the fastest service pack update I have ever seen.

i downloaded all in one go. Also on last update installing. Actually they have improved the update process and more importantly some ISPs have even started to cache the MS updates and provide you on line speed.

For me Windows Update in control panel keeps checking for updates doesn't show any, its been 10 mins now.
EDIT: Just showed the update 473mb in total

I upgraded from Windows 8 from Windows Store. Guess what? It seems to have downloaded 8.1 update 1 - I realized only after seeing no updates on Windows Update and after checking the ability to right click and see context menu on the Start screen 😛

I like this update - the ability to run/pin/minimize/close Metro apps within the the legacy desktop.

lol seriously? i was more interested in the metro app in window component in the screenshot. is it confirmed? or the app is supposed to look like that?

Hehe, by Win 7 style I meant the smaller start menu instead of covering the whole damn screen. Both these features are coming in the next update.