Windows 8.1 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 414
  • Views Views 39,885
FYI, the update hardly took 5 minutes to install. So I don't think you need to worry about a power cut unless your UPS is not providing enough backup.

Guys relax. Seems like the size shown is the size of the update file or something. Actual download seems very small. 80% of 427.4 MB done already.
And NO. I am not on a superfast connection. Its a 1Mbps connection.

The updates are happening quite fast (57% for me now). I wonder if its really 800+ MB , or it does selecting fetch of required files for update and only the total is shown...

There is no way my net connection is this fast, I guess it must be checking & skipping certain files.. 71% now

lol yes. i did not down 800MB so fast myself. it barely downloaded 100-200MBs at maximum.

If you have downloaded all previously released fixes for 8.1, I suppose then there is not much to download. That's why they are happening so fast. The size mentioned is the theoretical size. Must say Windows Update is quite efficient.

chromaniac said:
Now wondering what exactly has changed.
First thing to notice is the store icon in the taskbar.
Also considering that I have hardly touched the start screen in last few months, it is indeed difficult to compare or check what's new. 😛

first thing i removed was the unpin that piece of shit.

i cannot use windows metro apps because they amplify the dark spots on my display.