• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,421
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
Windows 7 Customization Thread

This thread is dedicated to customization of your Windows 7 Operating System. Visual Styles will be posted over here and tweaks and tricks to make your Windows experience more awesome :star:

I take no responsibility of third party tools or files downloaded from the links posted below. However, I will try to post certain warnings and how to's to make sure you don't screw your system or at worst, yourself

Most of the Visual Styles you will find on the web requires Uxtheme patching this is not the official way, obviously, and hampers EULA:

5. LIMITATION ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. (2003)

I don't know what the EULA is for this particular Operating System. So, you are responsible for what you do with your system. This thread is an educational thread.

Uxtheme Patcher

Most of the Visual Styles you will find around the web requires your uxtheme.dll and themeservice.dll to be patched. This is in some way breaking the EULA terms, but, am not too sure of that. But, if it's that much of a big deal then there are so many transformation pack already which are completely based on this funda.

Types of Uxtheme Patch

There are basically three methods for patching uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll, and themeservice.dll:

[*]Uxtheme multi patcher (Universal Theme Patcher)
[*]Uxtheme memory Patcher (UxStyle Core)
[*]Manually replacing the system files (For expert users)
[/list]
Automatic Uxtheme Multi Patcher

The Uxtheme patcher that are found on websites like Softpedia are not updated from quite a long time, I searched around the web and found this version to be working fine on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (32-bit) and x86 (64-bit) versions. I have personally tested and below you will see the screenshots that I have taken after installing the themes and styles.

Note: This patcher is also compatible with Windows XP SP, SP3; Server 2003, Vista SP1,SP2; Server 2008 and Windows 7 RTM, SP1.

Both x64 and x86 versions are included in the file below. Make sure to scan the files before executing.

Download it from here: Universal Theme Patcher

When you are done patching the files, restart.

Now it's fun time mmmm not really, but, if you want to, no ones stopping you

Note: All these themes may have bugs, as they are created by users like you and me. So, don't bother reading ahead, if you fear screwing your system.

Zune Quickplay for Windows 7

Screenshots

Download here : Zune Quickplay

hey did u write all this 😛

I used Maverick, it just screwed the whole look. Requires a lot of tweaking to completely transform it to Ubuntu. Install OpenSuse instead.

Now this fantastic application will addon your experience on windows 7 Home basic & even other editions

AERO WALLPAPER CHANGER:

Key features AeroWallpaperChanger :
1. Change wallpaper on a timer.
2. Change wallpaper at startup.
3. Changing Wallpaper "in a circle, or in random order
4. Change wallpaper by pressing the global hotkey (combination gives the user).
5. Specifying the default location of desktop pictures - in the center, fill, tile, etc.
6. The option of disabling the slideshow when switching to battery power (useful on laptops).
7. Has the option themselves autorun program to start when logging in Windows.

But the unique feature that will attract the users of higher versions of windows:

When you change the desktop picture, AeroWallpaperChanger calculates the average color of the wallpaper, and uses it as the color of windows. This feature is enabled in program (after installing the application by default is off, turn it on yourself if you need it)

Hey this feature is a boon for users Home basic as well.

Link: AeroWallpaperChanger -

use google translate to translate page from russian

or direct download link:

AeroWallpaperChanger 1.0 /

you guys should really checkout rainmeter , it's a light app, lots of themes and customizations to it.

just an example

you guys should really checkout rainmeter , it's a light app, lots of themes and customizations to it.

just an example

Really nice app.

By the way ...which skin are you using above in rainmeter ?