• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,406

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am linking to this article because it had some tips that I had no idea about. 😀

Work Smarter In Windows: 55 Great Productivity Tricks - PCWorld Business Center

Rename files fast. Renaming lots of files in Windows Explorer? Select the first file in your list, press F2, and type the new name. When finished, press Tab instead of Enter. Explorer will jump you to the next file in the list and automatically select the entire file name so you can rename it without having to press the Backspace key. Continue pressing Tab, and you’ll zip through the list one file at a time.

Power up the ‘Send To’ feature. When right-clicking a file in Windows Explorer, hold down Shift before you click, and then select the Send To command. Windows will reveal a whole host of additional options, such as one to move the file to an often-used folder.

Snap windows faster. But what if you like Aero Snap? Here is a faster way to snap windows right or left by using keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse. Windows Key-Left Arrow snaps left, and Windows Key-Right Arrow snaps right. While we’re at it, Windows Key-Up Arrow will maximize your window, while Windows Key-Down Arrow will minimize it. (Note, however, that if you have done the Registry hack described in the preceding tip to turn off Aero Snap, that hack will have disabled these particular shortcuts, too.)

Get a quick peek at the desktop. Simply click Windows Key-Spacebar to hide all open windows. Keep the Windows Key held down, and then release that key to return to your former environment with all its open windows in place.

Don’t get involved with FarmVille. This advice is obvious but crucial.

:ashamed:

Was aware of all of them except the Shift SendTo option.

What about Farmville? Can it really access all the profile information which only so far I can see (I believe).
I saw in its activity that Farmville accessed my profile info, Likes, Friend's list, Birthday. Is it harmful? can removing FarmVille remove all information which they already have?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

BTW nice article, I didnt knew many things of Windows.

Another tip which is sometimes useful. Let's say you want to name a set of files in the same convention, with a number being the differentiator. Select All Files, press F2 (rename), that will by default give the rename option for the first file in the selected file list, change the name to what you want to use - let's say myfile, and press enter. It will rename all the files in that series as myfile (1), myfile (2), and so on.

well that is something i use everyday. but the tab trick allows you to rename bunch of file per your choice.

Tried Windows 7 Manager trial today, and I now more happier with my win7 64bit, Have customized many advanced settings to suit my computing habit.