Windows 11

Its surprising that Microsoft needs Amazon's help for Android apps. Why can't they do it themselves?

probably to make it easier for app developers. they are already not much interested in offering apps through microsoft store... asking them to support another app store with their android apps might be too much work. Amazon allows them instant access to thousands of apps that are likely capable of running on devices without google play services i imagine because they work on amazon's own android devices like their tablets? plus windows 11 adoption is likely to be slower than windows 10 looking at the system requirement. i would have to buy an entirely new pc to be able to run windows 11.

Reactions: SVK
My friend installed a modded ISO on his system. And it works absolutely fine. Direct X and other requirements didn't have to be met. I'm wondering if we'll have upgrade our systems now to experience Windows 11.

Last edited:
They have an app that requires installation to check compatibility: https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

uFsgIQv.webp

looks like they are basically kicking out a lot of old hardware that does not have a directx12 compatible graphics or maybe this is related to TPM 2.0 requirement.
tpm requirement

I guess there is no hope for a 6 year old thinkpad

@vishalrao Already tried everything. TPM 2.0 to secure boot. Everything is in place. but still showing I cant run windows 11.
I have seen some blog posts where a number of people are reporting the same. Even some Microsoft surface users are getting the same message.

Microsoft is improving that health app to fix bugs where it is not detecting TPM 2.0 modules aven after enabling from Bios.
TPM 2.0 is present in Intel 8th Gen CPUs and up and AMD Ryzen 2000 series and up.
However, AMD has tweeted that TPM 1.2 will also be ok to install Windows final build.
The upcoming Insider previews will still need TPM 2.0 for the time being. But I installed the leaked 11 build on my NUC 3 (3rd gen CPU) using a StrelecWinPe and WinNTSetup 3.6 which is DISM based install which bypasses TPM requirements. So it’s all possible for now.