Windows 10

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Microsoft unveils the future of Windows

Windows 10 represents the first step of a whole new generation of Windows, unlocking new experiences to give customers new ways to work, play and connect,” said Terry Myerson, executive vice president of the Operating Systems group at Microsoft. “This will be our most comprehensive operating system and the best release Microsoft has ever done for our business customers, and we look forward to working together with our broader Windows community to bring Windows 10 to life in the months ahead.”

Expanded Start menu. The familiar Start menu is back, providing quick one-click access to the functions and files that people use most, and it includes a new space to personalize with favorite apps, programs, people and websites.

Apps that run in a window. Apps from the Windows Store now open in the same format that desktop programs do. They can be resized and moved around, and have title bars at the top allowing users to maximize, minimize and close with a click.

Snap enhancements. Working in multiple apps at once is easier and more intuitive with snap improvements. A new quadrant layout allows up to four apps to be snapped on the same screen. Windows will also show other apps and programs running for additional snapping, and it will even make smart suggestions on filling available screen space with other open apps.

New Task view button. The new Task view button on the task bar enables one view for all open apps and files, allowing for quick switching and one-touch access to any desktop created.

Multiple desktops. Instead of too many apps and files overlapping on a single desktop, it’s easy to create and switch between distinct desktops for different purposes and projects — whether for work or personal use.

Just installed the Technical Preview. Looks good so far.

I think they are adopting Google's SPDY protocol as the next generation of HTTP protocol resulting in faster handshake and whatnot. Basically fixes the flaws in the current implementation of HTTP, improves the speed of secure connections and making it ready for the future.

They got rid of borders and added shadows around all four sides of a window making it like OSX. Not complaining, I like it.

Nah.it is still piece of crap.read a news couple of months back in some technical forum about some malware spreading through IE.it was something really serious.anyway their reputation has been so much damaged that i dont think they can ever make a comeback.

i guess only old people who dont know anything about computers use IE nowadays.