win32 generic problem

• Thread starter Thread starter sirftum1900
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 6,798

sirftum1900

ISP
bsnl
i am facing a great problem while in Broadband dataone. when i logged in , after sometime one dialog box comes saying "generic host process for win32 services" with text "generic host process has encountered a problem and need to close.We are sorry for inconvenience" There r 2 options-1.send error report 2.don't send. when i click do not send , then no web pages r opening. Also i can not disconnect or see status of my broadband dialer. when i click on dialer, it just comes as a flash and goes. when i restart pc ,then net connects and after sometime, the same problem occurs. In the message ,i found following:Error signature:Event type :BEX P1:svchost.exe P2:5.1.2600.2180 P3:41107ed6 P4: netapi32.dll P5:5.1.2600.2180 P6:411096ac P7:0000a3c0 P8:c0000409 P9:00000000Error report contents:The following files will be included in this error report:C:\DOCUME~1\DE_ENT\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4B39.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmpC:\DOCUME~1\DE_ENT\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4B39.dir00\appcompat.txtThis problem also exist in 3 other dataone conn. whom I know.I have made my automatic update off as XP is not genuine in my pc. My vendor loaded it for me.another interesting observation is that if I disconnect broadband connection within approx 10 second of message appearing and then try to connect my bb dialer,first 2 attempt can not load dialer showing error 1727 and message is "can not load phone book. error 1727:The remote procedure call failed and did not execute" after that dialer comes and dataone connects. Then no problem and win32 message does not comes. but problem is that task bar does not show connected(that 2 pc symbol).Also i can not disconnect as when i click on dialer it prompt for "connect" I have downloaded AVG and scanned but found no virus and spyware.Please suggest way out.

Looks like some service shutting down due to attacks from net.install a firewall.

I have done it .... and it's working 100% .... please download the files from the following link ....

Badongo free file hosting and image hosting

These files have been uploaded by me. It contains necessary windows xp patches nd some tools to block some ports.... if unsure info me

However this is not required if u own a genuine OS

Thanks mate I am downloading the file...Hey I downloaded it and now it shows that it contains a potential virus. Now what do i do. please help

@ramzo
do NOT OPEN that file. RUN your Anti Virus program.AVG AV will show the name of the virus.
IF NOT CLEANED delete the file.
When do you get this error? Which program, when opened shows this WIn32 generic problem ? ?

@ramzo
do NOT OPEN that file. RUN your Anti Virus program.AVG AV will show the name of the virus.
IF NOT CLEANED delete the file.
When do you get this error? Which program, when opened shows this WIn32 generic problem ? ?

I get the error when scanned with Norton, Mcafee and Nod 32 Antivirus and it shows some win..virus:madness:

ah sad. knowing the viruses of today i can only say best of luck cleaning them.

1.Report the error details as in Post No 1.
Uncheck from start menu. one program at a time and check when the error message disappears. Report.( other than AV and MS programs)
2.If the AV program/s asks you to delete/quarantine/clean select clean/quarantine/delete
Keep only one AV program . Disable other two.
3.Update you OS XP .
.Windows XP Service Pack 2 Download
4. If you have System Restore , select a Date , when computer was working Ok.
5. Uninstall recently downloaded programs.
6. Windows Malicious Repair Tool can be downloaded and used.
http://tinyurl.com/33jr7u for Windows MRT No WGA reqd.
you can manually execute and run the tool with the following command:
MRT.EXE
You can type this program name in command prompt, or Run command box
More ???.

I am using windows xp home edition,i am using dataone dialer to connect internet.But the problem is that when i try to disconnect the dialer it is disconnect but the icon in desktop as well as at taskbar showing that the connection is active but when i check the connection from my network place it is showing that the connection is disconnected.