win 8.1 laptop continuous re start

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,247
D

Deleted member 13033

A buddy of mine after updating to win 8.1 is having problem of continuous re start automatically.
No blue screen.
he had win7 before, no such issue with it.
he still has win7 on it.
he is saying something to do with bootloader not sure..
all suggestions appreciated 🙂

he still has win7 on it.
I am confused.

Yes, why not. By dual boot I meant installing different versions of Windows in two different partitions. I guess he initially had Windows 7 and Windows 8 on dual boot and then he updated Windows 8 to 8.1

chromaniac said:
I am confused.
lol its dual boot even on XP its avail. 😛
androidfreak said:
Yes, why not. By dual boot I meant installing different versions of Windows in two different partitions. I guess he initially had Windows 7 and Windows 8 on dual boot and then he updated Windows 8 to 8.1
yup!

I think win8 and 8.1 have a diagnostic tool that kicks in if the computer doesn't boot up.
Also you can try the various advanced boot options and troubleshoot options on OS selection screen in win8.1.
it's called " change defaults or choose other options". last line on the screen...
Or you could write up a win8.1 dvd for him and he could boot from it and repair his installation.

From advance startup setting in win 8 there is a option which makes win 8 restart if it encounters a error. Got that disabled lets see. Might do the trick.