• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,020

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,My USB pen drive is causing me a great deal of agony for the last 2 -3 days. I insert the pen drive into my Win 7 pc with fully protected internet security suite of a reputed brand and licecnsed copy of the OS at work, but it does not open to allow me see the files on it.As soon as I plug it in, Windows says it needs to be formatted, I do the formatting and then again it says it can't be formatted. then it shows the icon in my computer and I double click on it, but it says insert the disk despite the fact that it is already there, inserted into the usb slot.Please help me, thanks. All pen drivers are working fine on the same pc, but not this one. I want to upload some pictures of my screen, but how do I do that in order to make my point clear? Thanks

have you considered the fact that it might have gone bad?

Happens to me a lot. usually if I frequently clean the pen drive using diskpart.

I think I remember now that 3-4 days ago I inserted it into my Fedora Linux pc and in a terminal I typed the following command to delete all the files on it and it has been not working since then. Not with Win 7 or Fedora Linux.

Code:
sudo rm -rf /dev/sdb .*
Something like this....thanks....

sudo rm -rf /dev/sdb .*

I do not think using the above command on a Linux machine should cause the pen drive to fail, what do you say friends? Thanks.