Willing to take TriBand?

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,758
ISP
Airtel
If you are willing to take MTNL's TriBand connection, I suggest u to read this article first so that you dont regret for wot u did 😉

i am not too surprised at this.. post. such horror stories happen on all isp'sI was on reliance unlimited dialup earlier. It worked fine for a month .... for next month for no reason at all they changed my plan ... without asking me. guess the story.... i had downloaded around 17 gb in the month from newsgroups ... not too big a figure....the plan had no free usage.. hence... my bill was 17000 mb into 5 rupees per mb 85,000 + taxes = 92,000 somethingImagine my dad's shock ..... i was out of the country at that min and he went a lil bonkers... luckily i had all my paperwork in order . Despite that they said u must have requested a change i said why dont u check your own records both call center records or if ive made a visit to your webworld. .suffice to say after a struggle of 4 days including having to call up a vp at reliance did the issue finally get resolved. I was lucky enough to know someone there or it was curtains for me .I can just imagine what it is like for others unfortunate to get caught in the vicious death trap that is india's isps

i totally agree about the MTNL customer support!!!but, i'd also say that it's not the "worst" decision to choose MTNL...like i'm just needing customer support right now, that too for the billing thing...otherwise, i never needed one 🙂

well, most of the time MTNL CC is not reachable...even if u get connected, it's of not much help...Sify, u get connected and ppl talk to u...but u don't get the solution that u want...so CC wise, Sify has an upperhand...but service wise, it can't match MTNL...i know few ppl will say that they look for good CC support, but then wouldn't u rather have one where u don't need it only???

Which pack is more awesome1. MTNL TriBand 590 NU or3. SIFY Night unlimited (keeping in mind that both having the same speed)

obviously MTNL!!!and what should i keep in mind, the speed u actually get or just that they both are 256 kbps???in any case, u get better speeds in MTNL... 🙂

How much in total u r paying for MTNL per month)and how much in total did u payed them initially, and how much money out of them are refundable?

I guess the MTNL service in Delhi is pretty bad. In Mumbai, it seems to be much better. I have taken the DSL NU plan about a month ago and my connection has never been down. I went personally to the DSL people in the exchange to get my connection installed. They seemed quite helpful. I hope MTNL gets their billing and logging system in order soon.

i totally agree... i have never needed customer support thru mtnl... but thru cable(sify & others) wat happens that its thru a weaker infrastructure...the router conks off at netime and they say that its due to file transfer that we do... in the rains it may be off... n all that crap.. phone line is an established netwrk n im happy that the net is thru that... accept for the billing though

Originally posted by trivisingh@Jul 24 2005, 03:31 PM
.. I went personally to the DSL people in the exchange to get my connection installed. They seemed quite helpful. I hope MTNL gets their billing and logging system in order soon.

I have such similar experience too...those guys are really helpful

yeah, if u go to the exchange and meet them personally, it usually solves everything...but over the phone... :wub: