Will sleeping next to my router do any harm to me?

• Thread starter Thread starter Baby Clasher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,447
Have an Asus router doing AP duty in my BR. What I've done is reduce the radio output power to 50% although it is about 6-7 ft away from where I sleep. Previously it used to automatically switch off the radio after 2 am but now it's on 24x7x365. The only time it and the other network devices are shut it down is when if I travel out of town and the house is locked.

IIRC router manufacturers suggest staying at least 20 cm away from the antennas at all times. I wouldn't be comfortable with a router on my bed side table. 🙂

What about radiation emitted by visible light with frequency in Range of THz, Are they too harmful? They are also Electromagnetic Radiations with higher frequency than what wifi emits (in GHz).

Agree that it can disturb your sleep because visible light does the same (Blue light), It better to turn it off while sleeping and also don't use mobiles while sleeping.

Basically the world is divided into two groups, one who thinks these radiations are harmful for us and other think it does not.
It's upto your mindset if you think positively that It's safe, it will be safe for you. If you think negatively and overthink about all these things, this stress and overthinking will for sure affect your health.

Last edited:
Or you can say others are paid by wifi devices manufacturer lobby to be on positive side because everyone has that doubt.
Also the amount of frequency we are exposed to in wifi has more than quadrupled in last 5-10years.
Previous G or N router were 20-40mhz now we have 80+(40-60)mhz as common.
Wifi6 is 160+60mhz =220mhz while mesh topology means double or triple of that in small area.
6E Router discussion here is 380mhz+380mhz of wifi frequency.