Will Sify's Dream Come True

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,350

kuldeep

Regular
Do you guyz think sify will be able to break 256 barrier. i think for the last 3 years i havn't seen any new package. just same old crap change in package prices, that's it. well its not that sify don't have bandwidth. i was in that golden hour for about 3-4 hours where my downloading speed was 250-300 kbps. they're just concentrating on 64 & 128 packages. and forgotten download freaks community like us which gives more business to them. i don't think that they will be able to cross 256 in their entire life. so what do you think till 2010 sify will be able to provide 512 or 1meg connections or not ??? if they could do it now then i think some of the elite customer's like me will take it. no matter what the prices are. i m ready to pay between 2000-2500 Rs for an unlimited 1meg connection or more than that. what do u think ??? i think it's reasonable. 😀 IF U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR FUTURE PLANS THEN LET US ALSO KNOW.

by 2010 i think the market would have consolidated a lot and sify would probably cease to exist.

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 27 2006, 07:10 AM) [snapback]52408[/snapback]

they're just concentrating on 64 & 128 packages. and forgotten download freaks community like us which gives more business to them.

[/b]
How do you figure that heavy downloaders give them more business ? Sify is a business like any other. They wouldnt be concentrating on the 64 and 128 kbps segment if they didnt form the major portion of their business.

Dude assume you have a shop which closes in night.and its of no use for u in night. and in daytime you profit alot with that. would you mind taking some money and open that shop in night as well. for customer's like me. i hope u understood my point. yar daytime usage customer's don't use it in night so bandwidth which sify has already sold. they are selling that again to night users.""" that's my Perception. and i think most of you will agree to that""" i think you got my point. and Elite means that those who've been using it since 3-4 years.thanks bye

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 27 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]52435[/snapback]
Dude assume you have a shop which closes in night.and its of no use for u in night. and in daytime you profit alot with that. would you mind taking some money and open that shop in night as well. for customer's like me.

i hope u understood my point.

yar daytime usage customer's don't use it in night so bandwidth which sify has already sold. they are selling that again to night users.
i think you got my point. and Elite means that those who've been using it since 3-4 years.
thanks bye[/b]

Thats a moot point. Do you mean to say that only those with 256 kpbs connections do any downloading ? I use a 64 kbps connection, and download stuff every night. Do I let my connection go to waste at night ? No!

What makes you think that those with lower speeds use it only in the daytime ? Your reasoning is totally flawed.

ok now lets calculate. what do you think out of 100 daytime users, how many of them use if for downloading. man if u want to download u won't take 64kbps and that too capped. would you ?? secondly suppose ( i m taking the ration very high) out 0f 100 , 128k users only 50 use it in night downloading. which is too high, but still i've taken it. now still sify left with 50 ppl's bandwidth that they can give u n me and 23 more for 256k. if not sure then lets have a poll on that. M sorry i think poll wil result in saying that they download, because all download freaks are in this forum.But still lets see what happens.

sify has the infrastructure needed to provide higher connectivity but dunno why they just dont want to introduce higher packages .

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 27 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]52441[/snapback]
ok now lets calculate.
what do you think out of 100 daytime users, how many of them use if for downloading. man if u want to download u won't take 64kbps and that too capped. would you ??[/b]

First of all, please stop saying "daytime users" . Thats a false representation. The 64 and 128 kbps packs allow use during both the day as well as night. The correct term would be "24 hour users". The only restrictive pack is the 256 one you refer to, which is purely a "night pack". You tried to make a point about shops shutting at night and something. Well, the 64 and 128 kbps packs are like 24 hour stores, while the 256 one is a purely nighttime only store. You mentioned how shops make more money the more time they are open, so you can draw your conclusions which would make more money, the 24 hour one (64 and 128 kbps) or the night only one (256 kbps night pack).

I have the 64 kbps pack, and yes, I download shitloads of stuff, as do my friends.

secondly suppose ( i m taking the ration very high) out 0f 100 , 128k users only 50 use it in night downloading. which is too high, but still i've taken it. now still sify left with 50 ppl's bandwidth that they can give u n me and 23 more for 256k. [/b]

That is again flawed reasoning. Sify does not make money based on how many MBs people use (except for the hour based and other MB based packs), but rather on how much money they make per month from their packs.

There are more users of the 64 and 128 kbps 24 hour packs than for the night only 256 kbps packs. I have no figures to prove it, but its common sense. If Sify have more customers in the 64 and 128 segment than in the 256 night segment, it follows that they make more money off the first segment of customers. Therefore, the 64 and 128 kbps 24 hour users are more important to Sify than the 256 night only users.

Do you really think Sify thinks 256 night customers are special because they might download lots of stuff ? No. They don't give a damn. A true business looks at the bottomline - who makes them more money. They make more money selling the 64 and 128 kbps packs, and therefore they will concentrate on that segment. The moment they start making more money off the night only packs, they will start concentrating on that segment and beyond. Its as simple as that.

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 27 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]52448[/snapback]
Well, the 64 and 128 kbps packs are like 24 hour stores, while the 256 one is a purely nighttime only store.
[/b]
yes u r right and that's what i say. but i think u are arguing with me without any reason.
if you look back i said sify uses same bandwidth for 256k users that he has already given to 64 & 128k users almost. becuase sify thinks that not all the 24 hrs customers will use thier broadband 24 hrs and not all customers use their broadband all the time. i work in same industry so i know a lil bit abt it. how the bandwidth is managed in peak hours and in nights. anyways that's why sify introduced such kinda package. if they were making money without any problem with 24 hrs users then what was the need of introducing such packages.

these packages were introduced only becuase sify came to know that sify makes business with them also now.

anyways lets stop it now.
its enough.

I doubt You are from Southern Part of India.

chill guys!!!there's a point in what kuldeep is saying...what he means is the small time users usually opt for 64/128 kbps...doesn't mean that all the 64/128 kbps users are small time users only...now he's talking about taking the MB of those small time users and giving it to the BIG time ones...makes sense???PS: am watching LOST season 2 😀

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 27 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]52462[/snapback]
yes u r right and that's what i say. but i think u are arguing with me without any reason.
if you look back i said sify uses same bandwidth for 256k users that he has already given to 64 & 128k users almost. becuase sify thinks that not all the 24 hrs customers will use thier broadband 24 hrs and not all customers use their broadband all the time. i work in same industry so i know a lil bit abt it. how the bandwidth is managed in peak hours and in nights. anyways that's why sify introduced such kinda package. if they were making money without any problem with 24 hrs users then what was the need of introducing such packages.[/b]

If Sify were making more money out of the night users, why are they concentrating on 64 and 128 kbps users (as you said yourself) ? If a company makes more money out of package A than package B, it stands to reason that they will concentrate on package A. So if Sify is concentrating on the 64 and 128 kbps packages, it is obviously because those are more financially viable for them.

I doubt You are from Southern Part of India.
[/b]

Care to elaborate ?

Guyz dont waste time :angry: Follow my stepzzzI have got SIFY CC Representative latest mail IDsLetzz mail bomb them with subject as " Introduce 512kbps Plan at reasonable price and update the tariffs for GOd sake " 😀If anyone interested i will post the mail IDs need atleast 10 :wub: supporters atleast or else i will be alone here

email filter set at sify guy's mail box:delete 'all mail' from 'frustrated customers' mentioning 'unlimited'