Will Sify's Dream Come True

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,351
QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 27 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]52448[/snapback]
. . . I have the 64 kbps pack, and yes, I download shitloads of stuff, as do my friends.

. . . There are more users of the 64 and 128 kbps 24 hour packs than for the night only 256 kbps packs.[/b]

It means that you are a download freak already 🙂 and this would make the transition easy. Would you decline a decently priced truly unlimited pack consisting of a higher bandwidth than you currently have ?? You might resist the temptation for a couple of months or so . . . . but eventually you'd give in to the temptation. So would I.

Given a choice, very few would like to stick to their crappy/slow/restricted plans. We all need MORE bandwidth at decent price.

@Sushubh: Lolz.....

I could be wrong but isn't the 256 kbps plan fairly recent? Sify is actually quite thorough regarding variety in packages. They concentrate on the 64k/128k users because that is where the major market is. We are a niche crowd and infact we're not very beneficial to them as we are using up their bandwidth to the maximum.I don't know if it will be possible/feasible for them to provide a reliable 512k connection (probably some telecom guys could confirm/reject that) the reason being that they provide wireless internet access, an inherently slow communication medium.The 64k/128k people are those who don't have much to do online except checking emails and downloading the odd song; I guess that describes a bulk of the internet users.Siddhesh

"Bandwidth , bandwidth everywhere , but not a single high speed pack " is wat sify's case isWell , i suppose these days the percentage of the crowd which thinks of the net only as a medium of checking mails nd all has significantly reduced !!!Everyone these days uses the net for some sort of downloading , now that many sites offer free downloads and all !!! But most of them cant afford the highly priced good speed packs 1!! So they have to use the 64k n 128k packs !!! But yeah , if sify does introduce 512k packs , many high speed downloaders will grab it , if it is decently priced !!! But when , that is the question !!!

QUOTE(Argus @ May 29 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]52600[/snapback]
It means that you are a download freak already 🙂 and this would make the transition easy. Would you decline a decently priced truly unlimited pack consisting of a higher bandwidth than you currently have ?? You might resist the temptation for a couple of months or so . . . . but eventually you'd give in to the temptation. So would I.

Given a choice, very few would like to stick to their crappy/slow/restricted plans. We all need MORE bandwidth at decent price.

[/b]
That isnt the point at all. You guys need a crash course in Business 101.

It doesnt matter what the customers prefer yaar. The bottomline for businesses is money, not the crap about customer being king and all. Sify makes more money out of the 64 and 128 kbps packs. Therefore they concentrate on that. Thats the be all and end all for them. It is a falsity to claim that 256 kbps customers give them more business, because thats practically and financially incorrect.

QUOTE(siddhesh @ May 29 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]52610[/snapback]

Sify is actually quite thorough regarding variety in packages. They concentrate on the 64k/128k users because that is where the major market is. We are a niche crowd and infact we're not very beneficial to them as we are using up their bandwidth to the maximum.

Siddhesh
[/b]
Exactly. thats the point.

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 29 2006, 03:30 AM) [snapback]52592[/snapback]
Thanx Man

No Comments Now.

Let People Post their Comments.
[/b]

I'd really like to hear you explain this comment of yours:

Originally posted by kuldeep
I doubt You are from Southern Part of India.

Ha ha !!!! good one shushubh :lol:ya mr Dukes Mangola Your curiosity ends now. I didn't want to do that but u compelled me for this. ""PLEASE GUYS DON'T MIND""if you are not from southern part of india then u'll better understand. have u even been to chennai or banglore. if yes then you would have seen there people(like rikshawalla and taxi and so on..) knows hindi but pretend to know nothing . and just same happended here u knew what i was saying but just to prove your point . which i already agreed kept on arguing and arguing..that's y i thought u r from there where people understand everthing but pretend to know nothing.i hope u understand now.and since sify have people who just check their mails, sify will not be able to go beyond 256. ok i'll tell you one thing. i work for a ISP tech support based in UK. there People don't even know which windows they are using and only know how to open Outlook Express to check mails. and in last 7 years havn't formatted their PC's. i've just given you a rough example. there are thousands of samples like this. ARE USING 2MBPS CONNECTION. for you knowledge.

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 29 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]52647[/snapback]
Ha ha !!!!

good one shushubh :lol:
ya mr Dukes Mangola Your curiosity ends now.

I didn't want to do that but u compelled me for this.

""PLEASE GUYS DON'T MIND""

if you are not from southern part of india then u'll better understand. have u even been to chennai or banglore.

if yes then you would have seen there people(like rikshawalla and taxi and so on..) knows hindi but pretend to know nothing .

and just same happended here u knew what i was saying but just to prove your point . which i already agreed kept on arguing and arguing..
that's y i thought u r from there where people understand everthing but pretend to know nothing.
i hope u understand now.
[/b]

The funny part is that you still haven't got the point, my dear friend. Please do not say that you have, because your posts show that you still haven't (or perhaps you are sadistically exhibiting the same behaviour you speak of, that would be deliciously ironic).

and since sify have people who just check their mails, sify will not be able to go beyond 256.

ok i'll tell you one thing. i work for a ISP tech support based in UK.
there People don't even know which windows they are using and only know how to open Outlook Express to check mails. and in last 7 years havn't formatted their PC's. i've just given you a rough example. there are thousands of samples like this.

ARE USING 2MBPS CONNECTION.

for you knowledge.
[/b]

And the relevance of this is what ??

See, Siddesh had explained it already, but it seems it needs repeating.

Sify charges rs 410 for the 64 kbps plans. Lets go by your word and assume those on the 64 kbps plan use it only for emails. Thats what, 10 mb/day usage ? Which is 300 mb usage per month.

So Sify gets 410 rupees for providing 300 mb per month.

So they make 1.36 rupees per mb from the 64 and 128 kbps customers.

Now lets consider the 256 kbps night users.

Lets assume they download 50 mb per night. That equates to 1500 mb per month for 800 ( I assume ?) rupees.

Which means Sify makes 53 paise per mb off those users.

So, lets now recap the main points:

(1) Number of 64 and 128 kbps users >> Number of 256 night users.

(2) 64 and 128 kbps users use lesser bandwidth compared to 256 night users, thus bleeding Sify less.

(3) Sify earns more per mb from the former group than the latter, which is really a corollary of (2).

Sify doesn't give you a medal for using up a lot of bandwidth every month, they'd actually prefer that you didnt. All they care is that :

(1)you pay them more per unit of bandwidth consumed, which the 64 and 128 users do. And,
(2)you make up more numbers, which the 64 and 128 customers do.

So, considering this, what makes you say that the 256 night plan users provide Sify with more business ??

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 30 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]52662[/snapback]
Sify doesn't give you a medal for using up a lot of bandwidth every month, they'd actually prefer that you didnt.
[/b]

What you are saying does make sense from biz point of view. I fully agree with your interpretation.

A large no. of net users don't know the difference between bits and bytes. For them, it would not matter what speed they are getting as long as the pages open fast enough in their browsers.
But there is a whole generation of net-aware people . . . . and they (we) are growing fast. And we are very demanding. Let us see how long does it take for any company to offer a 512 kbps truly unlimited plan. Or is it already being offered by someone ??

QUOTE(kuldeep @ May 29 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]52647[/snapback]

ok i'll tell you one thing. i work for a ISP tech support based in UK.
there People don't even know which windows they are using and only know how to open Outlook Express to check mails. and in last 7 years havn't formatted their PC's. i've just given you a rough example. there are thousands of samples like this.

[/b]

i meant to say was its just not techology which differs the other countries from india.
its the perception of people also which is not letting indian techology rise.
ok taking an example here people wants to stick to 64 & 128 where in that package they want to download and surf as well. and on the other hand in uk they r demanding and use 2 mbps and still customer comes and says " hey the other company is providing 8 or 12, 24 mpbs. cut down the price " and our company have to because no other way to survive.

so that's what i wanted to say. i m not saying 64 and 128 should be erased. those who want to take they will and those who want high speed they should have some options.

people still use 256 in UK as well.

so thats the story baby

The question is not whether people want to stick to 64 and 128 or not. Nobody will say no to a reasonably priced high speed package.