Will Railwire respond to Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 11,169
D

Deleted member 10390

Every single ISP is modifying their plan. Railwire is mum. 🙁

I will try to answer this thread with slightly broad perspective.

Honestly the ISPs with government backing such as Railtel,BSNL/NOFN,MTNL are most capable in the telecom business. They have OFC + cellular coverage in remotest possible locations where there is a slight trace of civilization. I was in Ladakh recently and was seriously shocked to see BSNL towers and OFC in the cold desserts of Ladakh where other operators had absolutely zero presence for hundreds of kilometers.

It's the sarkari babu attitude that is preventing these companies from unleashing their true potential. Unless someone will put fire on the a** of each and every staff of these companies, things will not change easily. Considering the hype Jio has created and subsequent price wars by private companies, these government companies may finally wake up who knows?. Only time will tell.

I honestly thought Railwire would make 1 Mbps minimum once BSNL did that. They are still lurking at 512 Kbps. But their FUP range is nice. They also give speeds like 10 Mbps for Rs. 1,300.

I think Railwire is banking on their high FUP and quality speed. They can say like 5 Mbps plan, 10 Mbps plan etc. Also they use fibre and their network is not old. So, not many issues.

I am happy with their current top speeds ( not that I mind if they go the ACT way with 50 Mbps, 100 Mbps etc ). But it would be better to upgrade post FUP speed to 1 Mbps min and 2 Mbps for plans above Rs. 1,000. BSNL 3G after all offers unlimited at ₹ 1,199

New plans coming out this month or the next month.Unlimited 10mbps plan and 20,30,40,50 mbps plans to come as well.

Someone else I know was also talking about arrival on 100 Mbps plan. Let's hope there will be something interesting this time.

Someone else I know was also talking about arrival on 100 Mbps plan. Let's hope there will be something interesting this time.
That would be awesome!
------
Some states have different tariffs, can we complain?

1 Mbps - 649
2 Mbps - 1099
+ tax

Check railwire website for Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat etc...