Will PC Use net at Sleep Mode

Kalyan_1980

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 500
Actually i put my pc in sleep mode and schedule to wake up at 2 AM to download torrent. But for few days, every day from 12:09 AM to 2:00AM, BSNL portal says net usage is 63MB to 75 MB.How it is possile, will pc do auto update during sleep mode(i switch off auto update).:sour:My modem is Wi-Fi, but i disabled wi-fi. My modem is switched ON . I am using netlimiter, it does not tell any usage between 12:09 AM to 2:00 AM:sour:Thanks in advance.

better to keep PC on the lock mode i.e by clicking Window Key and the alphabet 'L' together, you can achieve that mode.make a batch file to execute the dialing of PPPoE at 2.05 am or 2.10 am and disconnect at 7.45 pm. that way you'll be safe from extra usage.if you put your PC on sleep mode, the netlimiter application won't work.also, put your modem to 'Dial on Demand' option.search this forum by your modem name and you would get some results.as for the batch file, use google. there are plenty of tutorials.

No, I don't think Internet connect works in sleep mode. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep mode and then resumes back, I had to manually connect internet through dongle.

I changed my modem last month, previously i was using Bridgemode to connect BB, for
ADSL-WiFi-TA model i dont find bridgemode.

What is the modem/router model Name and Number ?
TA : Using modems with Terminal Adapter (TA), customers will be able to
make voice calls through BSNL server. BSNL is planning to launch this service shortly.
Additional option for VOIP or make Phone calls may be.

Why do you need pc to wake up to download just torrents? I reccomend you buy a Router which has USB connection, connect a HDD to it and use that for downloading torrents.1) The router should be on DD-WRT (open source)

Such routers are costly. Unless you are serious downloader / seeder, better option will be to use PC itself. You will get a lot of schedulers which can disable net during non free time.