• Thread starter Thread starter lyrene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,240

lyrene

ISP
Tata Indicom WiMax
Hala Friends :yahoo:,

I'm a really puuuoor guy living in a village called Bangalore/Bengaluru. I'm currently using Airtel MO(Mobile Office) internet facility. I'm using it thru my antique phone Nokia 7610, which does not support EDGE. Only GPRS.

So, my query is, will I get the theorized speed of EDGE if I switch to a phone with EDGE? In other words, is Airtel MO facility EDGE enabled or only GPRS?

My current speed hovers at around 0🙂mad🙂 to 5🙂whistle: )KBps max. This is in Kilo Bytes not Kilo Bits. This is around 40 kbps.

My connection speed is shown at 460kbps i.e. ~56KBps.

BTW, Reliance Wimax, Airtel broadband r not feasible in y area(Sri Nagar) yet.

Hala Friends :yahoo:,

I'm a really puuuoor guy living in a village called Bangalore/Bengaluru. I'm currently using Airtel MO(Mobile Office) internet facility. I'm using it thru my antique phone Nokia 7610, which does not support EDGE. Only GPRS.

So, my query is, will I get the theorized speed of EDGE if I switch to a phone with EDGE? In other words, is Airtel MO facility EDGE enabled or only GPRS?

My current speed hovers at around 0🙂mad🙂 to 5🙂whistle: )KBps max. This is in Kilo Bytes not Kilo Bits. This is around 40 kbps.

My connection speed is shown at 460kbps i.e. ~56KBps.

BTW, Reliance Wimax, Airtel broadband r not feasible in y area(Sri Nagar) yet.

460 kbps is the port speed of your connection which can be reduced if you want. Change the max boud rate of modem to 115kbps or 230 kbps.

As far as I know 7610 has edge.

Call your customer care to know if you have EDGE in your area and in ur plan. If answer is yes then change your phone and you'll enjoy much better speed.

(When I was in med school, I used to enjoy upto 25 KB/s (200kbps) speed on Airtel EDGE, it used to be so high from 3 AM to 7 AM then normally 10-14 KB/s, this was when they intorduced these things in Pune and initially it was free for 7 months then it was 5 bucks per day....)

Nokia 7610 doesnt have EDGE...anyways, u call the customer care and ask weather they provide edge in ur area, if so then buy a EDGE phone of class 10 or above.

class 10 is the highest one available in the market and anything above that would mean 3G... which isn't launched yet. expect speeds of 384kbps when it does!!!for now you can find second hand Nokia phones (edge enabled) for as cheap as rs. 1500