• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,872

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
hi,I am about to get iptv.I wanted to know if iptv would display on my 19" lcd computer monitor?I do not have a TV.Would I have to buy a tv box inorder to view iptv on my lcd computer monitor?I am on a mac. I guess that complicates matter even further. 😀

hi,

I am about to get iptv.

I wanted to know if iptv would display on my 19" lcd computer monitor?

I do not have a TV.

Would I have to buy a tv box inorder to view iptv on my lcd computer monitor?

I am on a mac. I guess that complicates matter even further. 😀
u don't have tv,common man tv is too cheap now a days

I don't have a tv because I have just shifted to a new place.Previously I was living with my brother and watching on his TV.Anyway, you did not answer my question. Will I be able to watch TV on my computer monitor?? 🙁

With and external or internal TV tuner card, you can definitely watch it ( and they are quite cheap to buy ) . I am not sure if iptv can be directly connected to computer since its basically IP based . Anyone who has iptv currently can shed some light here .

My IPTv gives RCA & S-Video out. If the LCD monitor takes these inputs then you can.AFAIK, MAC doesn't accept these. So you need get a TV tuner card.

Atleast in MU iptv can be directly connected to computer.

u do get RCA to VGA convertors available in the market. u can connect ur STB to TFT using this convertor.

As baudhayan suggested u can use RCA to VGA convertors or external tv tuner with s-video to rca cable. will explain u in detail if needed.

Get a tv tuner card it will provide u audio/video port(for ip tv and dth or cd player etc) and RF port(for cable input) the quality depends on tv tuner card (techcom coust abt Rs. 1000-1200 )(nvidia cost abt Rs. 4000 The best quality to be purchased online not easily available in india)if more information needed pm me

there was some discussion going on abt ppl able to see IPTV using some software i.e. without TV tuner card OR STB. straight from ethernet cable.

yea.. using VLC player.. if thats what you mean? when you have your STB connected and switched on.. open wireshark and you will see ips of the channels .. note down the ip and the port and open a connection in VLC .. i had tried this long back.. it wasnt that clear though..