Will Fm Radio come to town or Urban area in FM Phase 3 bidding?

jdjain1

Regular
Regulars
I think most people listen radio in villages after that no 2 is town and urban areas, So it is Important to take Private player in Urban town also /

jdjain1

Regular
Regulars
ohh its great , but , FM phase 3 bidding is taking very long time , i read in newspaper , that defence ministery has objection on FM station on border area , . little issue affecting the entire bidding process

ohh its great , but , FM phase 3 bidding is taking very long time , i read in newspaper , that defence ministery has objection on FM station on border area , . little issue affecting the entire bidding process

Yes, FM Phase 3 is taking long, but this is how the things happen in Govt. where many Ministrries are involved. We hope it starts soon.

Dr. Srivastava
drhosrivastava@gmail.com

lightgreen49

Regular
Regulars
no it wont , you will have settle down with aakashwani vividh bharti or alternatively u can try SW receivers and enjoy programmes from bbc ,voa ,rnw dw-world and large number of international broadcasters

jdjain3

Regular
Regulars
still no news for FM phase 3 bidding, ambika soni is the minster of broadcasting, the lady come from my distric , Hosiarpur in punjab , a Rajya Sabha member , i personally asked her PA for FM phase 3 bidding , he reply me , process is just started , then there is cabinate approval , then minsitry of defence problem , it must take atleast 2 years to start auction and another 6 month to rolling out

There is a good news for those waiting for FM Phase-3. I reproduce the news item from RadiandMusic.com

"11 Jan 11 11:01 IST

NEW DELHI: The Group of Ministers is expected to meet shortly to take a decision on phase III of FM Broadcasting and raising of foreign direct investment in FM radio, even as Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Ambika Soni, admitted that the government was not opposed to increasing the FDI from the present 20 per cent.

She was speaking to mediapersons soon after receiving the report of the Committee on TRPs headed by FICCI Secretary General Amit Mitra.

She said the GoM had not been able to meet as Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had not been in the city, but would do so shortly.

India, which has about 248 FM channels spread across 86 cities, is planning to sell 806 more FM licenses in the Phase III expansion. "

Dr. H. O. Srivastava
drhosrivastava@gmail.com
World Development Foundation | Best FM solution provider in India,content development & Acoustic Services Broadcast Consultant

jdjain3

Regular
Regulars
^^^^^ woo news is good, but even we do not know when the meeting took place , may be after 6 month or year, but if this happen with in next few dys , then it is good and welcome step . well i also email them about FM phase 3 bidding , ministry always reply very soon , very shortly I hve lot of option to entertain my self, But my concern is towards poor people. who also needs to listen some quality entertainment from private FM stations, So this things do not be late anymore , and Gov must approved news on private FM Broadcasters Well Dr Thanks for ur update news, i think u also cares people who needs this

Good news for those waiting for 3rd phase FM. I reproduce this news from RadioandMusic.com "GoM finalizes e-auction model for FM Phase III; license period likely to be extended to 15 yrs Bhushan Nagpal 20 Jan 11 16:58 IST NEW DELHI: Even as the auction for Phase II of FM Radio had yielded huge dividends to the national exchequer, Phase III is also expected to have greater transparency with the government having decided on an e-auction format of the kind followed in the 3G auctions last year. The Group of Ministers on FM radio Phase-III met on Wednesday and finalized and approved the e-auction model. The GoM is also understood to have extended the license period for the radio stations to 15 years from the existing 10 years.There is a proposal for allowing 806 private FM Radio stations in Phase III in addition to the 245 channels at present. "