Will BSNL FTTH give me jittering in pings? Is it a healthy connection for gaming?

Zexen

Regulars
100mbps should max at 95mbps. I don't think any 100mbps connection gives more than 95mbps. If I get even 80mbps using my router I will be happy.

Zexen

Regulars
Finally after 10 days of applying for a new connection they informed me today that connection can be done by private contactor LCO. He asked if I was okay with this, I said yeah sure. Lets see what happens now. @anonuser7 is your connection direct from BSNL or LCO?

anonuser7

Regulars
The sales person said that it was directly from BSNL and I have registered complain through BSNL customer care so I believe it is directly from BSNL even though it says "R.K. communications" on speedtest and my ISP websites.

BTW the aunty at BSNL office said that system is down from 3 days and when I asked how much time it takes usually for plan change, she rudely replied "jab hoo jayega tab bill mei aa jaega".

Last edited:

Zexen

Regulars
It's not a lie. LCO take franchisee from bsnl for FTTH so they can say its directly from BSNL. In my case they asked me if I was okay with taking connection through LCO. Anyways, how is the downtime and do you get 90% of the speed?