Will Bsnl Be Able To Sustain Bandwidth With Unlimited Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 6,403
sushubh, well thats a problem faced by individuals. the government is so selfish that they wont unbundle the local loop and airtel doesnt have another choice...

I've been waiting since ages for Airtel to announce b'band plans in my city. The OC cabling had been completed months back. Rumors are aloft that it can be started any moment. I'd love to go for their UL 256 plan. But interestingly, BSNL's UL plan has been announced. A few months back, I had discontinued BSNL's Home 500 plan (and switched to Sify) but I still have the Huwai 800 modem with me. So im in doldrums now . . . . . (1) Wait for Airtel to announce 256kbps UL @Rs.999 . . . . or (2) Go for BSNL's 256kbps UL @Rs.900.

I admit BSNL seems the better choice at the moment but its full of hassles. No cust care, ambiguious rules, archaic functioning . . . . its hell. But on second thoughts, what ambiguity can possibly be there in a truly unlimited plan ? One won't ever have to keep tabs on usage.

just dont get pissed off where there is no one to listen to ur complaints.

i am stuck on the same deliema ....bsnl gives better speeds thru the day sure of 28 - 32 ...i am scared of the customer care...i would sacrifice a bit of bandwidth for good customer care ...

I hear that Airtel is giving symmetric connection with 256k unlimited offer. If thats true its better to go for Airtel ( especially for them who use Bittorrents more...)

I talked to the Airtel guys and they have no clue when their management will announce the arrival of b'band in my city. So I guess its BSNL for me till then.

@Sushubh : May god give me power 😛

@puja399 : I don't know what symmetric connection means but I do use torrents a lot and never had any probs with either BSNL or Sify.

It is very difficult to get good ratios on BitTorrent with BSNL because of the up speeds. I never get my ratio past 0.25@Argus. Symmetric connection means a connection in which up and down speeds are same. Airtel uses SDSL (Symmetric DSL) while BSNL uses ADSL (Asymmetric DSL).

@Pushkar
I thot ADSL meant Asynchronous DSL rather than Asymmetric DSL or do they both mean the same ?

It is very difficult to get good ratios on BitTorrent with BSNL because of the up speeds. I never get my ratio past 0.25
Thats really bad. Is it a known problem with BSNL ? I would really like to know coz as I mentioned above, I do use torrents a lot. And many forums ban a user if he fails to maintain a healthy ratio (btw I use uTorrent client. Light as a bubble and downloads at max speed).

If u hav ratio Problems then avoid sites that hav ratio compulsions.Simple as that.Use some software as Torrent Harvestor to search torrents on public trackers to avoid unnecessary hassles of maintaining ratios.Regarding that software google it out

I think BSNL should increase the upload speeds too... And I wish they increase the night unlimited time for the other plans from 2am to 8am to from 12am to 8am.I think they don't have much of customers to worry about bandwidth problems for now. But after the successful implementation of the 900UL plan. They might be having bandwidth issues... They are a laazzzzzy government sector and they have done upto this extent and they can do much more than any private sector, which they won't... coz of politics and other related issues...

What is the take of the people who have been using BSNL when they gave away unlimited connections? How was the speed then? Ofcourse subscribers were less but I guess everyone made full use of their connections?