Will airtel dth work with old tvs

• Thread starter Thread starter Donjuanian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,361

Donjuanian

ISP
Airtel
I am thinking of buying an airtel dth set top box but i have an old tv set from 1998, so will this stb work on old tvs? Also i would like to know whether the airtel engineer would configure the tv remote with the airtel stb remote ? since i read somewhere that only upon configuration the airtel remote will work ?

what kind of connectors are there at the back of your television set? DTH requires composite or component support. Older television sets do not have these connectors I believe. Airtel guy would configure the universal remote at your place. Some TVs might not support it though.

right. i remember seeing those ports on my old tv. i do not think they are the ones supported. is it possible for you to post photos of those connectors? someone here might be able to identify them?

Well i am not able to take the pics but twitpic.com/7si6jz is as close to it and three buttons are alligned like this only its yellow, then white and lastly red.

Do not think of buying airtel DTH. I bought one and am repenting. I paid online and no clue as to what happened to my money. No phone calls are being answered, no one is able to tell when they will deliver. Every one, if at all you are patient enough to try repeatedly the paid numbers of customer care (!!!) centre, will say that within maximum one hour the problem will be solved. But never to be. They even do not have the slightest of idea of what they are talking about.So, if you havent yet committed, do not think about going for Airtel. That will be the biggest mistake of your life.