Will a 256 gb SD card work on a tablet whose expandable memory is only upto 128 gb?

• Thread starter Thread starter sniper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,204
So my tablet's spec mentions that it's memory is expandable up to 128 gb. I need more space so was wondering if a 256 gb or higher capacity SD card will work or not. I don't want to invest on a 256gb SD card if it won't work. Has anyone tried to use higher capacity SD cards than specified in the specs without problems?

Specifying which tablet might help. It's probably a very old one if 128GB is the max. In general, I have only heard of issues with very large cards (1TB or more).

Upvote 0
I have tried using 64GB card on Xiaomi surveillance camera although the spec said only 32GB is supported. Nevertheless, it worked just fine. It all depends on the standard of card supported.

Upvote 0
@manu1991 So I bought a new 256 gb SanDisk memory card but my tablet can read only half it's contents. It displays some folders with data in them but the rest of the folders appear as blue icons with 0b sizes. The same card can be read without any problem in another device. I had formatted the card prior to using it but kept it as "portable" in my tablet. I did not format the card as "internal storage". Do you believe it might work if it's formatted as internal storage?

Upvote 0
That's strange. I haven't seen this before. Do you have another device or card reader where you can test the card?

Upvote 0