wifi router within 5k

• Thread starter Thread starter Leshy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,568
ISP
ACT
Hi guys,
My house is 2000 sqft with 3 walls between the first and last room need a wifi router with long range my budget is 5k.
i have short listed Asus rtn12hp

Not sure about the range beyond 3 walls, but this one looks like much decently spec'd.

TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Pros over the Asus router listed above-

- Gigabit ready
-Dual band (2.4/5.8 Ghz) better wireless streaming among devices like smartphone, tablets, laptops over 5 Ghz band with less spectrum noise/comgestion
- 2 USB ports

The antennae on this one also are detachable, so higher gain antennae can also be attached (need to look for that). Overall performance of TP-Link devices is pretty good.

External Antenna would be Good, and if you can place the Antenna at Ceiling level it would be more helpful.
Similarly Either move your router to a Higher point near a Lobby or common place of home so it can serve in all direction.
Keeping any High End router on table level height will give crappy output no matter how powerful the device may be,
I've installed a TP-Link 3220 at parents place which is a 1600 sq.ft 2-BHK and its mounted high, it serves even on the floor
corridor outside the house on the extreme other end of house.
So its the Height which would give the best results rather than spending on equipment which you realistically don't need for covering a 2000 sq ft.

setup is temporary, but works great will move router to another place on next visit.

you must also not go out of the house because you know smoke from all the cars and factories around. you should also not consume any milk and other food products because you know adultration. of course you have to dump all your mobile phones. you should also consider moving to a remote village in the himalayas.