Wifi not connecting on Mobile phone

• Thread starter Thread starter amitdesai09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,693
AbhishekS said:
Basically when the router is rebooted, all devices connecting to it within the initial 15-30 minutes get Internet access for hours. But if there is any new device which connects later, it doesn't get Internet connectivity and a reboot is the only solution.
Hmm This look svery much like a s/w issue, try using another unit in its place to double check. Since its a MTNL piece speak to the DE/SDE for your area to replace the unit.

On your device, delete the wifi network in the settings. Reconnect.
Also,
Have you tried resetting the router?

kreacher10 said:
Hmm This look svery much like a s/w issue, try using another unit in its place to double check. Since its a MTNL piece speak to the DE/SDE for your area to replace the unit.
Will they agree for replacement? As in it's in working condition so they may do 'nakhras'. What do I exactly tell them to get the replacement?
ChaiBiskutBhai said:
On your device, delete the wifi network in the settings. Reconnect. Also, Have you tried resetting the router?
This is the first thing that I had done. Deleted the Wifi network and added again. Didn't work. I had to one reset because I was trying to solve this problem only and forgot what settings I changed. So yeah, a reset is done too but that didn't help either. 🙁

Tell them exactly what you have mentioned ni post #1. They may want to test it in the exchange, let them. You can try out your phones when conected at the exchange to this unit so you and them can be sure its a unit problem. That way you will also be sure its only the wifi unit. you could also ask them to provide you with another unit to test at your end. I had done this when they thought my (self owned modem was teh problem) was a problem. 😀

AbhishekS said:
I have the same problem on the Betel 450TC1 I got from MTNL. Everything works fine on laptops, but mobile phones don't get Internet connectivity. To make movies get the connectivity, I gotta reboot the router.
Oops my mistake 😀 You can tell them your problem as mentioned above & if necessary do whats mentioned in post #19. As to how much time it takes depends on their mood (its a PSU 😀 you know ). Alll this can be done in half an hour if they really work. 🙂 BTW which exchange are you on?

kreacher10 said:
Oops my mistake 😀 You can tell them your problem as mentioned above & if necessary do whats mentioned in post #19. As to how much time it takes depends on their mood (its a PSU 😀 you know ). Alll this can be done in half an hour if they really work. 🙂 BTW which exchange are you on?
Hi Kreacher
Thanks for your advice, I will visit the exchange on saturday and explain the issue, hopefully their mood is good, lets see. I am on the Andheri east exchange, near Cinemax at Chakala

amitdesai09 said:
Hi Kreacher
Thanks for your advice, I will visit the exchange on saturday and explain the issue, hopefully their mood is good, lets see. I am on the Andheri east exchange, near Cinemax at Chakala
All
MTNL replaced my modem and now I am able to access wifi on the phone aswell, basically the wifi signals were an issue and hence any kind of resetting was not helping
Also got the phone wire from the mtnl dp in my building up to my house replaced which positively impacted the speed, there were multiple joints in the earlier wire which was deteriorating the speed

amitdesai09 said:
Also got the phone wire from the mtnl dp in my building up to my house replaced which positively impacted the speed, there were multiple joints in the earlier wire which was deteriorating the speed
Who replaced those wires?? u or MTNL??

congrats,you seem to be lucky by getting a replacement that fast.
DO post your speedtest Results as teaser 😛layful: