Wifi not connecting on Mobile phone

• Thread starter Thread starter amitdesai09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,685
ISP
MTNL
I have a MTNL wifi router, I am unable to connect to wifi on my mobile phone, both android as well as iPhone, however the wifi connects to the laptop and works fine.
I have tried all possible solutions, like resetting the router, factory resetting the phone but the problem remains unresolved.
Does anybody knows a solution to the problem? Pls help

What exactly does your phone say while its not connecting?

I have the same problem on the Betel 450TC1 I got from MTNL. Everything works fine on laptops, but mobile phones don't get Internet connectivity. To make movies get the connectivity, I gotta reboot the router.

without seeing router screenshot or details about wireless settings you have set,
I don't think there can be a easy solution.
anyway try changing the Mode from B/G to Auto or try various combo, I am sure one would work.
IIRC older wi-fi chips on mobiles have problem with one of the mode.

IIRC I have tried switching modes to various combinations of B, G, and N but to no use. A router reboot is always required for internet connectivity on phones. And as I said before, no such problem on PCs. I wonder what's the issue! 🙁
Screenshot of what settings do you want BTW?

Since you have tried many options & not succeeded yet, the thing that comes to mind is1) Are you using MAC filters, if yes then you will have to enter the MAC addresses of your phones into the wireless section of the router. If this is not the problem then2) Is the number of connection your router can support limited, I have seen in a Linksys router a user can limit of IP’s available for wifi connections. Just check if this is the case. If this is also a NO then3) There are rare possibility that the firmware is not compatible with your modems, I remember reading in this forum a post where a member ( I think it was Socrates) had experienced this vis a vis a laptop. You can check by using another unit to connect your devices.

1. No2. Sometimes even when a mobile is the first device to connect but the router is on for hours, the mobile fails to get Internet connectivity 3. Even I feel it could be a firmware issueBasically when the router is rebooted, all devices connecting to it within the initial 15-30 minutes get Internet access for hours. But if there is any new device which connects later, it doesn't get Internet connectivity and a reboot is the only solution.