Wifi not connecting on Mobile phone

amitdesai09

[OP]
Jan 27, 2014
Mumbai
I have a MTNL wifi router, I am unable to connect to wifi on my mobile phone, both android as well as iphone, however the wifi connects to the laptop and works fine.
I have tried all possible solutions, like resetting the router, factory resetting the phone but the problem remains unresolved.
Does anybody knows a solution to the problem? Pls help

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
One problem may be that the router firmware could be outdated
Please search in google for the specific model issues and proceed

AbhishekMSharma

Regulars
Jul 11, 2011
Mumbai, India
I have the same problem on the Betel 450TC1 I got from MTNL. Everything works fine on laptops, but mobile phones don't get Internet connectivity. To make movies get the connectivity, I gotta reboot the router.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
without seeing router screenshot or details about wireless settings you have set,
I don't think there can be a easy solution.
anyway try changing the Mode from B/G to Auto or try various combo, I am sure one would work.
IIRC older wi-fi chips on mobiles have problem with one of the mode.

AbhishekMSharma

Regulars
Jul 11, 2011
Mumbai, India
IIRC I have tried switching modes to various combinations of B, G, and N but to no use. A router reboot is always required for internet connectivity on phones. And as I said before, no such problem on PCs. I wonder what's the issue! :(
Screenshot of what settings do you want BTW?

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
When I bought a new Sony Ericsson mobile phone, my Linksys router would stop working the moment it is connected.
Later I found that the issue was with the router firmware

AbhishekMSharma

Regulars
Jul 11, 2011
Mumbai, India
moindear said:
You would find that in the router options, or the website of the product.Search for the product in google for fixes first
Searched for the 450TC1 on Google, didn't find much useful stuff. And Beetel's website hardly has anything. :/