Wifi Modem: Airtel High Cost

• Thread starter Thread starter bppbr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 41,382

bppbr

I have 4 question 1. can I use BSNL TYPE 4 modem ( with wi fi) on Airtel connection2. Why is Airtel charging 5000 rs for wi fi kind of modem where as BSNL charges just 2000rs.3. For basic ADSL modem ( with 1 ethernet and 1 usb) , BSNL is charging 1200 where as airtel 2000 Rs, whys is this big diff.4. Seeing the high cost of Airtel modems If I have to buy it from outside , which model, brand should I go for and what wud be the cost.

yes , you can use BSNL type 4 modem on Airtel .configure it with Airtel networking values .if you have any specific query , post herealong with the details (modem number , OS ,LAN/USB ... etc)

Well you can buy a D-Link router or a Netgear router.. both work on Airtel.. The difference between the wifi router of Airtel and BSNL is really 2 much..But they are not selling the normal ADSL modem, costing around 2000 rs.. in punjab now.. in most plans the modem is coming free, (the owner of the modem is airtel, but you can use it for free, and in case any thing goes wrong with the modem, you will get the replacement free of cost at your doorstep).. so try to choose a plan , in which you donot have to pay the modem rental..

QUOTE(DSL_CHD @ Aug 22 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]59482[/snapback]
Well you can buy a D-Link router or a Netgear router.. both work on Airtel..
The difference between the wifi router of Airtel and BSNL is really 2 much..

But they are not selling the normal ADSL modem, costing around 2000 rs.. in punjab now.. in most plans the modem is coming free, (the owner of the modem is airtel, but you can use it for free, and in case any thing goes wrong with the modem, you will get the replacement free of cost at your doorstep).. so try to choose a plan , in which you donot have to pay the modem rental..
[/b]

when i use first time the airtel service they give me beetel 100 CX modem with modem charge is 180 /- something permonth. but recently i change my modem to ADSL 220 BX and he charged nothing. so try this.
My plan is 256 KBPS topup and my bill is 545 /- month.

I simply buyed BSNL Type 4 modem for Rs 1800 on cash....no hassles. Works with Airtel and ANY BB serviceModem is-UTSTARcom WA3002G4 with Type G Wifi and 4 LAN ports.Heats up quite a lot, use in well ventilated area...

the problem where-in u buy and don't rent is that in case its broke, so r U....

@essbebeThanks for letting me know...But I buyed it in Feb and prices were still 1800 that time...Can i still ask refund?BTW, what makes me wonder is..how come are these BSNL modem so cheap? Even simple LAN Wired Modems in market cost over 1800!

ye china ka kamaal hai....

Ofcourse China is doing kamaal😀
:thumb:
And these companies like airtel are Doing Dhamaal by selling same products at 3X rates:evil:😱