WiFi link speed V/S Real world speed

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOPSHOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3,842
@Tenet Glad to hear that now you're able to enjoy full speeds on all your device.
Will you use your new router always in AP mode or do you plan on configuring it as your main router and use Syrotech as a dumb one?

@CHOPSHOT Configuring ap mode was fast , and also in case something doesn’t work i can easily remove router and enable wlan on old and directly use. The other mode will be bridge mode in which i will have to configure everything on new router and may get few more benefits like bandwidth allocation. But I think speed will remain same in both modes. Also i have disabled wlan as of now on Syrotech but anyways i will have to keep both routers (turned on) ?. If there is any way where i could use syrotech as it is but without turning it on , I would gladly do that, else i am okay with ap mode for some time atleast.

Yes absolutely sd820 even supports MU-MIMO... Mediatek g85 chipset even supports CA and also Wifi AC... But the smartphone company manufacturers disables both CA and 5ghz wifi for some reason.. .You can visit Snapdragon/mediatek websites and check the processor specs and modem specs.

Even Realme flagship mobiles don't even support Carrier aggregation (CA) though flagship SD chipsets supports CA. They are disabling it in every mobile... Nobody knows why..
Its because they are saving on the huge royalties they have to pay to Qualcomm if they enable all the techs. Also they are relying on ordinary non tech customers .also for ca and all u have to add extra antennas and same for mimo for as well. In a way they are fooling customers by giving high end processors but not giving additional functionalities which the processors support. Samsung is the only one who gave proper ca support on their a series phones

@CHOPSHOT Configuring ap mode was fast , and also in case something doesn’t work i can easily remove router and enable wlan on old and directly use. The other mode will be bridge mode in which i will have to configure everything on new router and may get few more benefits like bandwidth allocation. But I think speed will remain same in both modes. Also i have disabled wlan as of now on Syrotech but anyways i will have to keep both routers (turned on) ?. If there is any way where i could use syrotech as it is but without turning it on , I would gladly do that, else i am okay with ap mode for some time atleast.
Well both routers do need to stay on, there are some benefits of putting Syrotech in bridge mode but nothing major as far as average user is concerned so stick with AP if you're happy with the performance.

@Bokya Has your LCO/BSNL done Mac binding in your place?

Because setting up Syrotech in Bridge mode will be a little difficult and different if there is mac binding.

@CHOPSHOT Yes bridge mode is not good option. Anyways got it working through TP-Link tether app in few minutes. wifi Range is top class in this. getting above 100mbps in speedtests and IDM download range is around 13mbps. happy with the purchase🙂