• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,986

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I have a Beetel 450TC1 wifi router that was provided/installed by Airtel with its ADSL connection.Internet connection on my Dell laptop, a Sony Vaio laptop, Blackberry phone as well as a Samsung netbook connected to this wifi router all stop working around 1 minutes after the router is switched on. Switching off the router and the switching it on again solves the problem for under 1 minute and then the wireless internet connection stops working again.All PCs that are connected to this router by ethernet cable have no problem at all and connection lasts for the whole day without any issues. Only problem is with wireless connection that stops working after around 1 minute of switching on the router.Airtel support guy tells me that their router is OK and all my laptops, netbook as well as Blackberry have problem. I believe there is some problem with the router settings or may be there is some hardware problem.Has anyone else also encountered this same problem? If yes, then what is the solution?Thanks in advance for the reply.

Hi, Would request you to pls email us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact no. and request, our team will get intouch with you to get your issue checked.

Thanks

All your gadgets can't be faulty at the same time! WiFi router is the culprit. Get it replaced.

Yes agree could be a fault in the wifi modem, we'll surely get it checked, would request you to pls email us your query mentioning your contact no. at airtelpresence@airtel.in, our team will get this checked for you and revert to you at the earliest.

Wishing you and your family a very happy new year ahead!!!!

Thanks,

So, I called Airtel support on 12-Jan-2011 and reported my problem. I received SMS saying my service request number is 41868812. An hour later I received a phone call from an Airtel employee (Mr. Rajesh) asking what the problem was and described the problem to him. He said the modem/router will be changed by the next day, which was 13th January. The router was not replaced on 13th. I received a phone call on 13th evening telling me that Mr Rajesh has reported that he has resolved my problem and asked for the feedback about their service. I was surprised because till then no one has visited my premises and faulty router was yet to be changed. It appears that the support ticket was updated as resolved without actually doing anything about it. So I asked the person asking for feedback on phone to reopen the support ticket with the remarks that my router was yet to be replaced. I was once again promised a resolution within 4 hours.Today (on 14th Jan) at around 4:45 PM, I once again called Airtel support and was again told that Mr Rajesh has resolved my problem. That is when the complaint is yet to be resolved. I requested the phone rep to transfer my call to her senior. She transferred the call to one Mr Amar. He also told me that Mr Rajesh has reported that my complaint has been resolved. Mr Amar promised to have the complaint resolved tomorrow. But before he promised to get my complaint resolved, he tried his best to give me absurd reasons for why support ticket was marked as reslved. He told me that they have checked in their backend that I have no problem. On hearing this explanation, I asked him what has Airtel's backend got to do with wifi on my router when I am myself saying that I can access the internet by using LAN cables and it is ONLY wifi that is not working? Basically it was a very weak attempt by Mr Amar to pull a fast one on the customer. Airtel employees should learn to do better than this.This is the condition of Airtel customer support where employees close the support tickets as resolved without doing anything about the complaints. Even sarkari MTNL is better, at least you can walk into an exchange with your router and they replace the faulty router on the spot.I hope that "Official Airtel Support" who is present on this forum can look into this and find out why customers are jerked around by their support staff.

As, I was told by Mr Amar that my faulty router will be replaced on Saturday (15th Jan) morning. As on today (Monday, 17th Jan) 5:00 PM, router is yet to be replaced. No one from Airtel support has visited my premises to have a look at the problem against which a complaint was lodged on 12th Jan. It is hardly a surprise that the so called "official Airtel support" on this forum is silent as a stone, I believe they are also a bunch of useless PR people wasting the time of customers as well as forum members.Now I have been told by the nodal officer on phone that the modem will be replaced later today or tomorrow morning. If it is not replaced as promised, I'll just put in a disconnection request and be done with Airtel. I will have a bunch of customers visiting my office later this week and a non-working wi-fi connection doesn't look good from the point of view of customers. So I'll buy a wireless access point and use it with MTNL connection.

Since the faulty router is yet to be replaced even after the assurance by nodal officer on Monday (17th Jan), I emailed the disconnection request to Airtel earlier today. There is no use of paying Rs 1544 per month (incl taxes) for a service that I can't use properly. I hope that they are prompt in disconnecting the connection.

...and yes, I repeat that Airtel_Presence (Official Airtel Support) on this board is a bunch of useless PR guys.

I think they want you to disconnect the connection. later if you go for new connection, they'll sell the same plan for higher price with Fup.moreover nowadays they're selling wifi routers not renting or giving free. they want old customers gone.

I think they want you to disconnect the connection. later if you go for new connection, they'll sell the same plan for higher price with Fup.
moreover nowadays they're selling wifi routers not renting or giving free. they want old customers gone.

Once this connection has been disconnected, I'll not go for a new Airtel broadband connection to replace this connection from AirtHell.

2mbps or 4mbps UL (without FUP) plans from MTNL are much better value for money, IMHO. In my area MTNL service is of decent quality because MTNL's exchange is just 5 buildings away from the building in which my office is located.