wifi configurigation for vista

• Thread starter Thread starter prakash321
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,335

prakash321

ISP
bsnl unlimited
ok the thing is that i just got my Dell inspiron with vista preinstalled ..... now according to Wiki.broadbandforum.co/Wa 1003a - India Broadband Wiki i used to get all the settings right and used to connect my ipod through the enabled wifi ..

But now with vista on i cant even open 192.168.1.1 ... what ip adderess and preffered dns to open it ?? and if try without connecting 192.168.1.1 i.e. configuring wifi on my wa1003a through my other comp and try connecting my laptop i get a limited connectivity message and the net doesnt work :frown: ....

please help :huh:

thankz for replying but the thing is inorder to open CPE configuration page i need to put the ip address , subnet mask and defalt gateway along with the preffered dns as given on the link u provided me with ..... now with vista when i go to the general tab under local area connection properties i get two Internet protocol (TCP/IP) options ...which one should i access ??? and even if i try either one and type in the given ip the laptop stops connecting to the internet ??:huh:

now with vista when i go to the general tab under local area connection properties i get two Internet protocol (TCP/IP) options
uncheck IPV6

Check Obtain IP address automatically.