wierd problem!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter zor_oro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,406

zor_oro

ISP
bsnl
hi recently i have been havin a weird problm since past 1 weekmy net connection is BSNL HOME PLAN 900UL+my modem is SmartAX MT841my phone is connected & i dont use it & ther is no disturbance in the line!!the problem is tat when ever i surf aftr a while or 1o mins the connection goes down ( the power light is still on the link light is still on & my lan link is still on but the act light is not on it jus comes & goes out again)the whole surfing , downloading & even the online games freezes there is no activity at all ( although all the other lights are still on)plz can any one suggest me any solutions to the prblm!!!!!

Exit all other programs, appearing in taskbar.( except Av and F/W programs)
Remove all temp files from IE
use ccleaner from www . filehippo.com regularly
Increase RAM in the computer min 256MB required.

Reference :SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-III) MENU

Hi, When the traffic stops, does your modem also stops responding?? Are you able to disconnect (through the icon/link) and reconnect??If both answers are NO, then search the Micro$oft site for "WindowsXP KB921883" and install it. (I am assuming that you are using WinXP SP2).Post your results.Thank You.Lalit Kumar BarikSambalpur Telecom CircleBargarh Telephone Exchange

@members/eager_beever/
What is the remedy if he uses windows98 SE or win2K ?
For information.
Almost two years old UPD which might have been downloaded long back by persons using XP2 SP2. Now SP3 is released.
see forum Legal downloads.

WindowsXP KB921883
Date Published: 8/7/2006
Download Size: 686 K
A security issue has been identified in the Server service that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

I had this issue few months back. I started noticing this since I use a VPN and vpn used to get disconnected. Airtel Support and the field engineers tried a lot .. they checked all the lines.. played with MTU's still no go.. Finally they changed my modem and it fixed the issue.. It was some issue with the modem..

@members/eager_beever/
What is the remedy if he uses windows98 SE or win2K ?
For information.
Almost two years old UPD which might have been downloaded long back by persons using XP2 SP2. Now SP3 is released.
see forum Legal downloads.

You do have a valid point. But, I myself use WinXP SP2. But I don't download ALL the updates (I have disabled automatic update downloads from Micro$oft).

I myself faced a similar problem sometime around Last of February 08. (I had been using broadband since November 07). All of a sudden, the traffic would stop and I was unable to disconnect. The only solution was a system restart. Then I found about the "KB921883" update and since then, I have not faced the problem again.

I have no idea for solution other versions of Window$. Sorry.

LKB

members/eager_beever/Thanks for the feedback. will watch for further input from zor_oro.My friend installed SP3 ( XP Home) and many problems were solved for him. see "legal downloads forum".Changing Mod to G DMT and FAST also helps, as per discussion here for gamers.

@essbebeAs Service Pack 3 for Window$ XP is still in beta, I would prefer to wait for a few more weeks for the final version. You can not be too sure with Micro$oft these days (they have made it a habit to release unfinished softwares). 😉LK Barik

SP3 is not in beta stage . it is Release Candidate 2 refresh version. and most probably is going to be the final version because if you install it system info shows xp sp3 without any version no. , earlier versions showed version no. e.g. v3.111(?) .

hi tahnks for the suggestionsmy computer config has 1gb ram with win xp sp2 & i jus got it assembeld last month & my windows xp is full upto date updated!!!so it is still totally clean & ther is nothning in the task bar!!& modem is SmartAX MT841 (updated the firmware also)type4 i guess coz i can see 4 lan ports, 1 wlan port, 1 usb port,1 power jack & 1 phone jackso it is still totally clean & ther is nothning in the task bar!!i used the program frm filehippo & still cleaned itwell the whole activity of the broadband freezes as described in my first post but i can switch of my modem & i hav to restart every time it happensi hav installed the WindowsXP KB921883 well i dont know rather there is no difference its still the same !!!!!!

@zor_oro
i jus got it assembled last month

mother board must have guarantee for three years usually.
Home - AnVir Software Download Anvir Task Manager. see the Hard disk temp readings in TaskBar. , and then suddenly your computer freezes.
Para two : you can UPD SP3 also !. see under legal downloads for link.