Why we still have broadband FUP even in 2022?

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 7,980
@Aashish.007 which city? I can't see more than 100 Mbps for any city on their site 🤔
Which transit they use? Probably Jio or maybe tata someone knows about it?

GTPL mostly uses Jio transit.

@AAK I'm getting full speeds per my plan (37 MB/s) while downloading this file through ADM on my phone Multi Threaded. As per single threaded test I am using Chrome on my phone as I don't have access to my laptop right now and it's hovering between 16-28 MB/s. But I feel that's chrome's bandwidth clogging. Because I never get more than that on my phone while downloading anything from chrome... But everything else downloads at full speeds. So yeah I'm getting proper speeds for the file you shared

Oooo I forgot GTPL hathway was purchased by jio 🤦 how I can forget that thing. Alright now it's clear. I bet in future Jio's gonna dilute both into themselves. I saw our area hathway cable guys help installing Jio Fiber cables so that's why jio bought them. After Jio Fiber is all over India both companies will vanish woosh. I hope this won't be the case for Excitel 😅

I really hope they improve their routing to other ISPs, after RailTel started using Jio transit, Jio to RailTel ping has gone down significantly (even better than their own servers somehow), while the other way around isn't true. But I don't hope for Jio monopoly in transit space either.

Tata, Airtel & Jio are only 3 transit providers in the mainstream right?

Yep, pretty much. Their is also Sify right? I don't know if they actually are though.

@HC1337 they're now very small and not mainstream as far as I know. These 3 have the largest footprint all over India and I guess sify is not even close to them so maybe Sify days are coming... I think it's mainly used in Mumbai etc. To directly connect to IX.

@Aashish.007 I also told my area guy to let me know if 100+ Mbps plans come but I highly doubt. At least 200 will come but they can't handle 300,400 or above that. That's what I like in excitel the most without any big company backing them up they are pushing things and I hope in future problems they have today will slowly go away. Let us know when you get new plans and share the details 🙂

The drawbacks might not be rectified until there is a mass uproar lol, and your normal social media user won't be willing to put in the effort mostly.

I really hope they improve their routing to other ISPs, after RailTel started using Jio transit
Does Jio provides transit to third party ISPs ?
I heard they don't sell it to companies which they don't own stake in

I don't really know the business side of things, but like 6 months back, RailTel switched to Jio transit from AirTel, mainly getting 10Gbps lines.

@havoc BSNL is also a transit provider....but of course they're not a provider of choice. 😀

After the 3 major big players ( Airtel , Jio , Tata) and BSNL , only excitel is somewhat capable of giving any competition in Broadband space.
Other isps are too small to scale out of their minuscule number of towns/cities.
Although I dont use exitel I hope it reaches to more tier 2-3 towns as well as few villages too as its mainly Lco model and BSNL is too goving fiber in villages through Lco.