Why we should not ban on members like Modemcare?

• Thread starter Thread starter aviatcogni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,782

aviatcogni

ISP
3G
Hi Guys, We all know how useful this forum is. If anything happens to my internet I turn up to this very first site. Here people share their experiences to help each other. But I am observing since last few days , sellers like modemcare are misleading people that buying their antenna s is the only solution for problems. I am not opposing their product. It may be very good. BUt this is not Marketing site.. So guys share your thoughts..

Hi Guys,
We all know how useful this forum is. If anything happens to my internet I turn up to this very first site. Here people share their experiences to help each other. But I am observing since last few days , sellers like modemcare are misleading people that buying their antenna s is the only solution for problems. I am not opposing their product. It may be very good. BUt this is not Marketing site.. So guys share your thoughts..

i undrstnd ur point of view.. but i guess the people whu discuss regrding 3g and etc ar not noobs to undrstnd that modemcare is not the only one to provide solns in india... what that guy is doing is sharing stuffs and also advertising about his website... in my opinion he should not get banned... frankly there r many sellers whu provide modem solns but not many whu sell antennas too... admin should make a seperate thread regarding " dealers "...

Hmm.. Yours seems to be a good option..My concern is not to turn this user friendly forum into some marketing aid. Today he is one, but afterwards it will flood with sellers.We need genuine helpers here..

But I am observing since last few days , sellers like modemcare are misleading people that buying their antenna s is the only solution for problems. I am not opposing their product. It may be very good. BUt this is not Marketing site.. So guys share your thoughts..
WHat is the point of this thread ?

If somebody is misleading others as well as pimping their stuff here, you still want them to be allowed to do it some more ?

How can you not ban ppl like this.

don't worry .. mods in this forum is supar dupar active so just report the case to him .. action will be taken immediately ...

personally speaking... i am not a user of bsnl 3g. and i have no idea about their modems and the antenna attachments. so i was sort of ignoring his posts till now because no one reported that he was mmm i guess lying about stuff.

I agree. The forum should be of Technical Help and not for Sales/marketing. I too feel that Modemcare is in Sales/marketing pitch in some of the posts that he or she starts.

I think as long as person is helpful to others (even when question is not related to his product) then advertising a product shud be allowed. Its all give and take. He is supporting the forum by answering questions so shud get something back.70% helping post and 30% marketing posts shud be ok. But if its 50-50 or so then based on post contents one can immediately make out if basic purpose of joining forum is marketing or give and take. Then action can be taken after giving warning.

I think as long as person is helpful to others (even when question is not related to his product) then advertising a product shud be allowed. Its all give and take. He is supporting the forum by answering questions so shud get something back.
The OP said the person was 'misleading' instead of helping.

i did ping him to limit his posts to the deals section on the forum in case he just wanted to sell stuff. never got any response.