Why smoking is not that bad afterall?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 14,916
its not easy get rid of it .. but you can control it ..the habbit start with the friends .. i know during the school days in 8th only one person was knowing smoking but with in a year there were 25-30 (am exceptional) so it spread very fast .. it start as fashion and then it become habit and ppl can't leave without it

it's a work in progress.

my mom said this when she had made laddus.."I know I have to consume less laddus, so I tell myself to completely refrain from taking any laddus. That is how in the end I manage to remain in the safe limit of taking not more than around 5 (if say 40 are made) until the family consumes all laddus."Hope this helps you..Try not to chain smoke.. When you have to wake up and you find the alarm going off, the alarm clock is kept at the other end of the room rather than the side of your bed, it is easier to not sleep again.. so make it harder for you to reach that packet....

I tried smoking many times but never seem to like it 😀

I tried smoking many times but never seem to like it 😀

Dude, Even I had. I made several attempts to make smoking my habit but I failed in all attempts.LOL. I used to wonder why people smoke as I didnt find anything great in it.
Infact first time you smoke you are not able to do it and its irritating.
So, if first time smoking is not a good experience then why do people smoke?

I think we start smoking for style and later we are addicted to it. So, I think it was good move by govt when they banned smoking from screen. When youngster see their heroes smoke then they try to copy it.

lol......I didnt try to smoke becz of Bollywood......but I was only seeing if I got all that peace and calm stuff after smoking but instead I got a bad taste after putting classic in my mouth......sm ppl are not made fr smoking and they need to suffer for it 😀

i have to admit that a friend got me to start smoking. he himself is not a chain smoker and he hates himself for turning into one. anyways. initial experiences were not good. i started out with more. have been through a long list... bensen hedgesmarlboronavy cut menthol classic mild lucky strike (currently)have tried switching to e-cigs in the middle. might give it a try once again.

I never tried to smoke, actually never felt the need of it, eh, never knew the benefits TBH.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Out of curiousitiy I decided to search for the benefits of smoking,
and I must say the benefits are awesome(if you go outside to smoke).

[*]You get a break from your stressor
[*]You get into the open and fresh air
[*]You leave the stressful environment
[*]You have time to think about your problems from an objective point of view
[*]The nature and sky outside helps your mind calm down and relax
[/list]Benefits of Smoking: Cigarettes Have Mental/Physical Pros, Knowing Them Can Help You Quit

Why I Smoke Cigarettes : reddit.com here are some reasons i agree with...

It kills time. If you smoke, you're never bored.
It causes you to routinely take breaks throughout the day. This relieves stress and promotes alone time, which can be centering.
Nicotine may have calming neurological effects. See this study.
It gives you a reason to go outside. I've admired so much beauty in nature because I decided to go out for a walk/smoke.
It gives you an excuse to talk to people. Not just small talk - I've had important, deep, exciting, meaningful, intelligent, philosophical, and enriching conversations over a few cigarettes. When you take the time out of your life to isolate yourself with another person over a cigarette, you really get to know them. This is my favorite thing about smoking, it has enhanced the relationships in my life and caused me to be as close to my friends/loved ones as I am today.

To be really honest, the benefits are significant enough that a person will ignore the side effects.

ah well. it is not a good excuse though. you can get your daily dose of nicotine through e-cigs, patches and chewing gum.

Call it destiny or whatever, I have been a passive smoker for like the last 10 years or so, having been part of groups of all smokers. I have never ever taken a puff though. I guess I am as badly impacted. I get bad headaches due to the smoke.