Why smoking is not that bad afterall?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 14,916
Even marlboro is smuggled .. Anything on which duty is imposed will get smuggled ..So both smuggled and imported r available in market .. As long as it is available y bother 😉And yeah its the one with clove ..

not sure about marlboro but lucky is so nicely priced in india that i do not see it getting smuggled. 😛 lucky sells for 100 bucks for a pack of 20. classic mild sells for 116 for a pack of 20! not sure about marlboro pricing. but indian prices of ciggies are pretty low... compared to usa. maybe not as low as countries from where they are imported. :blink3:

Yes, another reason is that tax is not being paid & stuff that the cost is lower. Also maybe because of bulk purchase. I had read about a ban sometime back. Maybe it was a different product.

I used to get 3 packs of marlboro lights (containing 20 cigarettes) each for $11 when in US ..Used to smoke a lot then .. 3 packs lasted only for 4-5 days ..In India one can get one marlboro pack for Rs.95 .. Haven't seen marlboro lights available anywhere in delhi as yet ..

lol. by that parameter americans pay 35-45 rupees for a gallon of gas. and i believe gallon is much larger than liter what we get here in india.

Yes....Rs 10/$1 is a reasonable parameter. Try listing down 100 things like salaries, cost of items etc... 80% or more will match that criteria, a few extremes will be there because of availability, usage and international pricing.Examples in $ / Compare in IndiaAverage Rent : 1000Average Salary : 5000 (Taking Mid-level folks)Food cost in Restaurant : 10 (Average Per head)Hotel Accommodation starts around $50Movie Tickets $7-$15I am saying an average figure here. See the normal salaries, see how much they spend on food.Things like Pepsi/Burger cheaper in US & Rice costly based on this formula - which in a way makes sense because of the usage/availability factor.How much does an average American gift his grandson on his birthday - $25/$50 (cost of gift).Things like medication are messed up because of insurance factor. Prices are petrol are influenced by international prices. So, I am saying set aside the things which are highly influenced by external forces.

I used to get 3 packs of marlboro lights (containing 20 cigarettes) each for $11 when in US ..
Used to smoke a lot then .. 3 packs lasted only for 4-5 days ..

In India one can get one marlboro pack for Rs.95 ..
Haven't seen marlboro lights available anywhere in delhi as yet ..

lol which part of delhi !! i have been smoking Mlites since 97 , 96 when i was in high school in Delhi !!! now i have seen them all over Delhi even the local panwalla keeps them.

back then in late 90's it was tough to get , khan market, BM, chankyapuri , were the only places you could get them. still it is better to get them from these markets some local guys keep the ones which made in Nepal which though are Mlites but are really not same, the original ones from states kick ass 😛

How did i miss this thread...I started smoking from Feb 2002. Me and my friends were are a long drive in our bikes...halted for drinks in a dhaba...i was drinking but 1 of our friend in the gang was not drinking rather he was smoking..i asked him to drink stating that it would give much pleasure than smoking but he asked me to try a cigarette...took one of his Gold Filter King Size cig...my bad luck i properly inhaled the smoke and then i felt the difference & pleasure.....from then on i started smoking but with limits...when i joined job by Aug - 2004 became a regular smoker...smoking 5- 7 Cig a day...but for the past 2 months...i have limited my smoking...curently i am smoking only when i am drinking...I drink once in a week on a Friday night at that point of time i take 4 cigs...Can we have poll question in this thread...do you smoke or not ?2nd poll question which brand do you smoke?

I want to experience of buying Liquor from TASMAC once! Or standing in the long Q in Kerala beverages Corporation!

I dont smoke. Dad is a chain smoker 20-25 Brand:Classic per day.LOL - sunilraja562 seems to be right. This thread does not seem to be motivating anyone. Maybe should be renamed to the "Smoking discussion thread"

I want to experience of buying Liquor from TASMAC once! Or standing in the long Q in Kerala beverages Corporation!
lol. Me and my friends wanted to do this ..so went to a shop and bought a breezer 😛 it was not good.