Why Sify Cablewallas are asking Rs.100 per month?

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3,849
CTO here charges Rs. 200 as maintenance and attends to complaints after atleast 24 hours and mostly doesn't bother to attend at all. I have decided not to pay him service charge anymore.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Apr 14 2005, 05:18 PM
he gives u unlimited download coz u pay him a service charge?
[snapback]7996[/snapback]
[/quote]

:lol: don care, as long i get free download n good service frm my cto..its all good.

Umm I think downloads are controlled by the Sify SAM server and not by our CTO. The CTOs equipment is just a way to get through the connection at the last mile.

Even if u renew online the CTO will come to collect his share. or threaten for disconnection. My CTO has done that with me.

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Apr 14 2005, 08:35 AM
My CTO is charging rs 150/- per month as "maintenance charges". The same charge is 200 for other ppl in my area.

I have stopped renewing from him and do it online thereby depriving him of the commission he gets (ie around 30-35 %).

Hoping this  might force him to waive off the maintenance charge so that he can get back his 30 % commission on the renewal pack.
[snapback]7987[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by cowax@Apr 14 2005, 04:23 PM
i pay my CTO 150 buks more than the price stated...but then again...i get unlimited downloads...so i dont mind 🙂
[snapback]7995[/snapback]
[/quote]
speed is not controlled by the cto. i will pay 500 extra if my cto will provide me 256kbps 24x7 connection 😛

Cto have no control on speeds. The speed is controlled by Sify directly

Originally posted by ajay@Apr 15 2005, 10:45 PM
speed is not controlled by the cto. i will pay 500 extra if my cto will provide me 256kbps 24x7 connection  😛
[snapback]8035[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by sifyfan@Apr 15 2005, 10:32 PM
Even if u renew online the CTO will come to collect his share. or threaten for disconnection. My CTO has done that with me.
[snapback]8033[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nothing of that sort has happened just yet. My CTO seems to be relatively better than other CTO's i am reading about in this forum.

Maybe the fact that he was previously associated with hotwire has something to do with it.

Since the past few days i am getting 96 kbps on the 64 kbps unltd package. Is it the same with u guys? I think they have made it a 96 kbps package for the same price.

I get around 100 kbps on a 48 pack. I think all packs below 128 get around the same speed of around 100 kbps nowadays. Of course it's not guaranteed but it's pretty much the usual speed on these packs nowadays.

Originally posted by sifyfan@Apr 15 2005, 10:32 PM
[snapback]8033[/snapback]
[/quote]

Where do you live? I dont think Delhi CTOs would ever dare !

Whenever my account is about to expire...first the SIFY people call to ask whether im renewing with them or notthen the CTO calls and repeats the samewhen i confirm my renewal he sends his men to collect the payment...and yes.....no maintainence charges at all....what you see is what you get 😀

Where do you live? I dont think Delhi CTOs would ever dare ![/b]

Why wouldn't Delhi's CTOs dare? Maybe you want to imply that in Delhi people have connections and are intrinsically aggressive.

Whatever, I am in Delhi and the CTO here just messes up my access if I don't pay him maintenance by causing time-outs and high pings to the gateway from my computer. I don't know how he does that. Any one have any ideas?

Hehe maybe, but the first time he did this i asked him and he told me it's some software that he has that automatically corrects it when i pay the maintenance lmao.

Yesterday the CTO came to my place.I asked him that TRAI has reduced international bandwidth rates,what about him? He said it is none of his business(SIFY`s that is) and the cost of unlimited packs has remained the same right from the moment SIFY started operations.I asked how coz it used to be 600/- per month when I had just subscribed to SIFY and now it is 450/-,he said it still is 450 usage charge + 100 online maintainence=550.I have two questions:-1) What on earth is online maintainence?2) How come he add 50/- to 550/- and say that unlimited usage charges are the same? What is that 50/- for?