why my line rate fluctuates from time to time during the day ?

Hi, user,(M), I use D-Link 2730 U wifi router. I have the latest firmware version. They normally do not update their firmware and i do not know, how to download wrt updates .
Hi, Ink, what is your dlink modem model? abroadcoam chip. I never heard it .Please say how much it costs. What about the specific chip. I am having realtek pc le fe fasat ethernet card which supports 10 mbps.
i have selected adsl+,adsl2+and annex L. I do not enable M annex , as it will increase the upsteam at the cost of donwstreams.
Ink, commercial name for broadcom modem?
Hi, Ink and all , one more query, how the access point ip is shown as configured dns, when i have the bsnl ips of configured dns , shown in router is not reflecting in ipconfig commands or in any software router check. I am using Routercheck for pc, asa it gives the name of the dns and also the actual dns server that your are connected at all times . It also checks router vulnerabilites and found it more useful than any other ruter check software.
Any explanation of port change by experts please
Link for routercheck , diff from f secure router checker online test
RouterCheck for Windows Beta Program - RouterCheck
available for android as well

i too have the same modem you are having.
broadcom is the chipset used inside the modem we use. D-Link these days uses reltek modem which does not do well in long distance connection.they hold the line steady for the lowest snr like 2 or 3 db. i have experience with it.
earlier dlink version had the broadcom chipset and they are the industry leaders.i took D-Link because it has 3 yrs warranty. not happy with its performance.

I set the time with the pool.ntp.org.
i tried copy pc time, it is not useful, it again reverts to 1970 onnce reboot.
Please say more on it , as i and Ink would love to try that fix, as both are having the same D-Link modem.
Hi, Ink, what is the commercial name for broadcom chip modem and price
I have terracom modem , which does not have any firmware update. So avast, shows rom 0 vulnerability, where your config page could be hacked. So, i discontinued. searched for patch updates, but the company itself has gone to wind.
How to know if your modem has a broadcom chipset?
Expecting replies from both of you.
here is the time settings of mine in router
servertime

You said ' it again reverts to 1970 once reboot '

That should not happen. It should fetch time after re-boot and update hourly.

try time.windows.com

@rajujayaraman
to set the time go to setup>time and date in your modem
in system time set the current time,timezone > mode ntp manually
in ntp configuration . enable it
in server add this

time.google.com

leave server2 as none, apply changes

now go to maintance>system>save and reboot

i did it this way .chck if it works

@rajujayaraman
to set the time go to setup>time and date in your modem
in system time set the current time,timezone > mode ntp manually
in ntp configuration . enable it
in server add this

time.google.com

leave server2 as none, apply changes

now go to maintance>system>save and reboot

i did it this way .chck if it works

Ok, Ink, I will try this. What is special about time.google.com?
I also notice one more thing,
Whenever i am logged on to a external ip given in pool , rather than dynamic ip general, then i experience a speed change of nearly 3 to 4 mbps slow. When i just reboot the modem and get a dynamic ip address, i get the full speed of nearly 9.5 mbps to 10.
I mean pool ip is shown as ......medicals with the ip no: starting with 36 and 45. I heard that a pool of dynamic ip addressess have been given to those medicals and it is allotted generally.
Whenever i get logged in to a named ips, then the speed just goes down to half of the speed, inclludilng the line rate

Is there any software that captures the line rate in desktop pc?
I ask this to watch continuous speed status whenever i am using pc and internet.