Why is Reliance Jio laying down cables on poles instead of doing it underground?

ISP
ticfiber 10 MBs unlimited plan and uses 400GB data everymonth
i find this street by street in my area
JCtjHhu.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Cause it's cheaper

@varkey 🤣🤣that's better otherwise they have to dig up all the potholes and try to fix them up later.. This way much easier to lay and fix later if problem arise... Indian jugaad 😂😂
But I guess there is much more risk to it.. 🙄🙄

@krishna1997 might be cuz they could do it quicker.. 🤔🤔
They might just have to pay some fee to the people owning ost towers.
While laying it underground is safe and secure, might require lot of time and man consuming job. So showing some Indian jugaad that's it 😂😂😉

Two reasons:

a) It's quicker and cheaper
b) In many cases the Municipality doesn't give permission to dig the road to lay underground cables since it messes up the road. Plus there are hefty charges for digging.

Jio has been cabling up my residential area with evidence (the same loops of cable) hanging from street lamp posts. In the meantime You Broadband and Tata Sky have also taken to stringing the cables, either fibre or UTP, from roof tops of buildings. Airtel has decided to wait for permission to dig but since that's not forthcoming (according to the engineer) it may take 6 months to 1 year, if not longer, to introduce FTTH into this area.

Though we expect things to be neat, tidy & v structured with Jio because its a big company, the reality is that (atleast in my area) they are either in a GREAT HURRY or the people they are using are not good enough. My experience in my area & colony is that they have done a v shabby job in the laying of the conduits & later in laying the cables. Because each team is from a different sub contractor, there seems no coordination between them. Easch blames the other team which came before them. So far the glitches have been minor but the way they have laid the cables, in the long run could be problematic. Even when you bring it to the notice of the customers their retort is 'why bother its their property'. Little do the bozos realise that when things go wrong is always the customers who hold the can (Literally).

I have seen such overhead cables even in our area , that is Kondapur , Hyderabad . Is there any area in which they have laid the cable underground in Hyderabad ? Or is it their standard procedure everywhere ? People from other parts of India can also share their experience / information regarding this . It will be welcome and helpful .

Can you please indicate your area ? Have they approached you with offer of connection ? Since when they hace completed the overhead cabling ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Near my house they laid it underground using the cable trenching machine .They have created road humps by burying the junction boxes few inches above the road surface.

Because its easier to give connections through junction boxes installed on poles. They are paying charges per pole to electricity board.