Why is Reliance Jio laying down cables on poles instead of doing it underground?

These cables are everywhere even in small towns. Damm!!! Jio is planning something big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Near my house they laid it underground using the cable trenching machine .They have created road humps by burying the junction boxes few inches above the road surface.
Care to share images?

Quality of work is not good.
GUG7F0J.webp

Yeah, one rainfall and all that black material will wash off 😀

In the UT of Delhi, they are not using their own pillars and using the NDPL's Pillars for the Connections. Probably, Your State Government or Department doesn't allow them so they are using their own.

It's no different or special.

Seeing the cable setup, I am 99.99% sure it's Jio Fiber.

Look out, Tata Sky is also actively scaling up.

That's because of typical Indian mentality. Also, other dig with out giving a hoot about what they will cut while digging !!.

As far as i know, most JioFiber related OFC is on poles. The ones that are laid underground are mainly meant for connecting towers to fiber network. It might be possible that they will use the same underground OFC to provide JioFiber connectivity in areas where they have towers. In my locality, Jio laid underground fiber 2 years back for connecting their tower. But JioFiber still isn't available in my locality.
Meanwhile, they laid underground OFC in my friend's college campus to boost signal strength inside buildings and provide WiFi connectivity as well through indoor LTE & WiFi small cells.

Last edited: