Why is my internet browser so slow?

• Thread starter Thread starter arroy_0209
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,030

arroy_0209

ISP
Bsnl
I use BSNL dataone broadband facility in my computer for internet browsing. Initially my web browser used to start very fast but gradually the browser started taking time to open the first page. Now a days it is taking sometimes 10-15 minutes or so to open the first page, but once the first website is loaded, the browser starts working at normal speed. Following suggestions from many, I have started using google chrome instead of firefox, istalled ccleaner, and changes the TCP/IP DNS server address suitably (earlier it was blank), but alas! nothing seems to work for me. Now a days when I first start the browser, I keep getting messages (at the left bottom of the browser corner) like -- resolving the proxy, connecting, waiting for (website_name), etc. But if during this period, I open the command prompt and give commands like: ping google.com, I get normal response with average time taken for round trip to be 360ms or so. Why is it so that by doing "ping" I can see that web connection is normal (just after broadband is on) but my web browser (mozilla/google chrome) is not able to load the same site within next 10-15 minutes? How do I solve this problem?

Did you check ur PC for any virus/spyware/malware?

Thanks for your response. I have kaspersky internet security installed, and I think it is taking care of those issues.