Why does Broadband in India

• Thread starter Thread starter tefl0n`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,039

tefl0n`

ISP
MTNL
I used to have a Sify connection (now my folks at home are stuck with it) before I moved to the US.Here's what I pay: $35 (incl tax) per month for a cable connection. Any time of the day, I always get 200-300 kb/s down, 30 kb/s up. Now I know sify is pretty pathetic, but none of the other providers are even in the vicinity of the worst ISP i'd find over here. Its not that I'm paying a whole lot for the service either, maybe a tad bit more, but worth every penny. And what the heck is up with the entire download limit concept? I must be downloading atleast 30-40 gigs / month.I think there is something fundamentally wrong with ISP's in india... I feel sorry for you fella's.... really do!

sigh :mellow:

there is nothing wrong with just the ISPs in india. everything is wrong with everything related to services industry.

Either the bandwidth isn't as cheap in India or the ISP's are artificially keeping it high.Ofcourse the quality of service and support provided by the ISPs is pathetic as it is.

Yea they want to get as much money from us as they can.A year ago i heard that 70% rates of broadband are gonna be cut but i never saw any change in our internet tarriff rates. Its most probably due to lack of competition n lack of public awareness even. Also those CTO who are none other than our galli ka mawalis are involved in this . There are many things dat i cud say abt this ..... but wats the use??

i don't know much about indian market. all i know is all service industry in india is crap. no matter government sector or private sector. and only indian govt can do something about it. or may be someone like reliance may bring revolution in broadband industry. like they did in mobile services.